• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How Long Do People Live

Ronald Zeeman

V.I.P Member
This is my minor special interests, interesting so far, the person listed as having lived the longest, I think is incorrect, not statistically possible for that person to have lived that long. Someone lied I believe daughter, 122 years is over 6 standard deviations so highly unlikely.119 second oldest makes more sense statistically.

Attachments

• Rate of Living.pdf
    101.1 KB · Views: 74
I'm curious who agrees with me that something sounds fishy. living to122 is in the range of parts per trillion.
This would be an extreme outlier. highly unlikely, more likely, birth certificates were switched between mother and daughter.

This is my minor special interests, interesting so far, the person listed as having lived the longest, I think is incorrect, not statistically possible for that person to have lived that long. Someone lied I believe daughter, 122 years is over 6 standard deviations so highly unlikely.119 second oldest makes more sense statistically.
Methuselah 969 ,prophet Elijah born, never died, was taken to heaven while still living. List Of 10 Oldest People In The Bible And Their Age - Believers Portal

I am agnostic, require credible evidence, birth certificate to authenticate the person's existence. This thread is about, the authenticated evidence for the accepted oldest person, being incorrect.

Living to 122 does seem incredible, and there does seem to be some skepticism in the case of Jeanne Calment, but not impossible. An outlier. Just like a rogue wave hitting a ship at sea is highly unlikely, but statistically it can happen.

Statistics are only good for large populations. They are not useful for individuals. A person who lives to 122 may simply have a genetic makeup that is nonstandard and therefore not accounted for. Traits are always popping in and out due to mutations (that's how evolution happens) and your standard age Bell curve cannot predict this.

There are people in their 110s on this earth. I'm sure people could live to 120, especially with good genetics and right diet from a young age. Isn't that what many Seventh Day Adventists and many Japanese citizens are famous for?

Some lines in my family have "long livers" lol, meaning they live to over 100. While in other branches of the family, you're blessed if you get through your sixties. It's all genetic. Because my grandfather lived to almost 100, and he ate bacon and drank beer and whisky and smoked every day of his adult life. His mom was 102, I think.

Last edited:
I think genetics and lifestyle have a lot, if not everything, to do with becoming a centenarian. Almost all my relatives (from Sicily) were centenarians. Sardinians (Sardinia being just a hop, skip, and a jump away from Sicily) are well-noted centenarians. I think if you focus on these and similar populations throughout the world, it could very well be possible. It’s too bad that birth records weren’t well maintained in the old days.

that's what I suspect poor record keeping. daughter uses mothers birth certificate. three people should have lived to 119.

at the moment you discovered how long a year is and try to fathom to calculate the minutes to get to said maximum age, you then realize that God is incredible and become an old man wise beyond and realize you know not a darn thing. i think i was 7 when i realize i'm an old person but seriously, i feel like a two year old amazed by people and how they try to socialize. but, life isn't like it was as a child in the eighties. i think i will get that season pass and snowboard alone but with lots of emergency services just in case, haha.

This seems like a thorough article about the likelihood or otherwise of Jeanne Calment being 122 as recorded.

Attachments

• rej.2019.2298.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 66
That's one of my biggest fears, to live so long or anywhere near that.
Honestly, yeah. Most people in my family live to be over 90 years old, a few over 100. The ones I met in my lifetime all said that being that old is not a blessing, because everyone you love dies. My grandmother is 97 and she is so lonely. We try to call her every day and visit every week, but that doesn’t take away the fact that she doesn’t have anyone to talk to that she grew up with.

The older you are the older you can expect to live. If you are already 60 your chances of making 90 are fairly good. If you are a newborn, your chances of living to 90 are reduced because some people die between 0 and 60.

OTOH today's newborn is likely to benefit from medical advances that a 60 year old will never see. But that isn't something that can be predicted until it happens so it doesn't get factored into population statistics.

I am agnostic, require credible evidence, birth certificate to authenticate the person's existence. This thread is about, the authenticated evidence for the accepted oldest person, being incorrect.
And im a christian and not God dont worship science,you should have stipulated i have no respect for judeo-christian writings,believers, so i didnt waste! my precious strength on you!

I belong to a cohort of 4 friends all approaching, 70 with various medical issues their is a high probability one of us will not make it.

This seems like a thorough article about the likelihood or otherwise of Jeanne Calment being 122 as recorded.
IT 's like magic tricks magicians can always deceive the best scientists. it's hard to determine if someone is deceiving you if they do not want you to know. Calments daughter had a good reason if you look deeper. Survival.

@Bolletje, My mum is 97 and she has good friends and is independent and living in her own flat. She's not lonely although it has been hard to go to her older and same age friends' funerals, and those of her siblings. It's partly how outgoing the person is, maybe? My mum played sports for many years and has some younger friends (70s and 80s) from that.

But the daughter died of tuberculosis? In 1934? There's no suggestion the mother had it, but documentation and photos support that the daughter did. Her husband took 5 years leave from the army twice because she had it.

True though that both Jeanne living to 122 and Yvonne having become Jeanne are super unlikely. Maybe someone else became Jeane?

New Threads

Top Bottom