• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How is your day shaping up today?

I'm having a great day. I just read through the news and discovered that the government is going to start giving me more money. I don't know why, I barely spend half of what they give me now, but it makes me feel good.

Trying to drop some classes. Five classes, a semester of mental turmoil--I need focus on 1) moving and 2) getting a job that actually pays.

It was a nice Sunday--went to mass, ran into my friend Joe, various interesting things going on around church. Went to see my grandmother, she is all right. I'm in process of trying to get myself on a better sleeping schedule so that's hopeful stuff right there. Getting back into psych. counseling was a good thing because I am a lot less depressed, but leaving college will be a major load off my mind as I really do hate it here.

Have not owned a bed in ten years (I sleep directly on the floor; if I'm lucky it's carpeted) so I am kind of sort of attempting to finagle a bedframe out of the junk dealer. This will be nice.

It's sunday so it's one of those quiet days. Sundays are always quiet, making food and spoiling cats. Vacuuming, tidying up a little. Resting. But I do have a looming problem I don't know how to deal with and it's a big one. So that's worrying and messing everything up a little.
Looming problems will always weave their way through our lives.

Work until 4pm.
Awaiting email from bank to approve loan for Boxanne (will hear back by 3pm).
Drive home - smoke.
Get home - Fallout 4.
Dinner.
Bed before 21:30.

Ed

"shaping up?" So you have days in your cabinet you pull out one at a time per day and slap it on your pottery wheel to shape it up?

I went to work and got sent home since i am still ill. I was touched by their concern. Also my employer praised my writing skill yet again. I am so torn about leaving work.

I got up early, made breakfast and coffee, watched some educational videos on YouTube, and now I’m getting ready to go to work.

In the afternoon I think I’m going to do some agility training with Enzo. If I do, I will post a video.

I also have to make travel arrangements because I’m meeting a friend from this forum irl on Wednesday and I’m taking the ferry to go meet him in the city.
I’m sure it will be fine but I’m so worried about making a bad first impression lol

3F43F426-6632-423B-92E6-FD36012B24F3.jpeg

^ There is no reaction emoji to express how I feel and the words are not coming either. Maybe just, “Ummmm….”

^ There is no reaction emoji to express how I feel and the words are not coming either. Maybe just, “Ummmm….”

This is why we still haven't met aliens. They see the things we put on the internet and then they say "no, we're not getting involved with that! We're not stopping here, just keep driving".

;)

Up early today, it’s 5 am and I’m 2 hours into my day. Coffee, forum, and youtube (history videos today).

Today marks the beginning of seemingly weekly shutdown. I can feel it coming on, but I will try to manage it with rest, solitude, and special interests. Wednesday - Friday have many social expectations and I find myself always daydreaming of excuses to get out of these things and spend my time in more productive ways. “Hanging out” just doesn’t feel that productive or meaningful to me. But those around me (family) see things differently.

More coffee and good music will get me to work which I quite enjoy. Work will be the best part of my day.

Up early today, it’s 5 am and I’m 2 hours into my day. Coffee, forum, and youtube (history videos today).

Today marks the beginning of seemingly weekly shutdown. I can feel it coming on, but I will try to manage it with rest, solitude, and special interests. Wednesday - Friday have many social expectations and I find myself always daydreaming of excuses to get out of these things and spend my time in more productive ways. “Hanging out” just doesn’t feel that productive or meaningful to me. But those around me (family) see things differently.

More coffee and good music will get me to work which I quite enjoy. Work will be the best part of my day.

I'm having a similar day. I was up at 2:30. I still slept 7 hours, so I'm good, but I slept more like 8-9 hours/night in the days before. The week is just starting to wear on me, and I have a meeting tomorrow. Plus, have to grocery shop tonight, and having a short, weekly meeting at work today. If these meetings were efficient, I wouldn't care. But, they will drag, even if (relatively) short.

Literally just woke up, am in Survival Mode. Not risking anything with escalating today.

Today I have to do my quarterly business accounts.

I'm also supposed to phone the hospital to make an appointment but phone calls make me anxious and today I don't have the energy to deal with that AND my accounts.

The day, so far, has been fairly good for me. Had to sift through some confusing info with a service that is giving me help with my psychological issues. Normally stuff of that nature puts me in a panic, but I had better control over that today. The only sucky thing is that dealing with that has thrown some of my routines off. I normally do morning walks after getting up and getting ready for the day. But otherwise, I feel pretty good about this day so far.

I felt odd all day, disjointed, out of place, distracted. I think the cold I had last week hasn't really gone away and I'm about to enter round 2.

"shaping up?" So you have days in your cabinet you pull out one at a time per day and slap it on your pottery wheel to shape it up?
That's just the first step--then it's got to be glazed and fired.
Life's a crock, or so they say,
Crocks are mud wrung dry as hay,
Hay is grass grows fast as weeds,
Weeds are life brought out of seeds.

I plagiarized that from somewhere, but forgot whence--Some kind of crummy old textbook that had a lot of humor in it actually.

New Threads

Top Bottom