• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How do you see your life story?

Survival. Hope. Rejection. Desperation. Fear. Loneliness. Pain. Self condemnation. No win outlook on life and desperately trying to view humanity in a positive light. Along with accepting that's it's okay to be forgiven.

One of constant struggle, and a losing one for a huge part of it. That tide has only shifted recently, and dramatically. I can't exactly call it a "redemption arc" since I had nothing to redeem in the first place. Ultimately, my life story is mine to write, and mine alone, contrary to how some people would have it. After having to wrestle control for so many years, it's a little overwhelming to finally have pen in hand.

Sometimes my life feels like so many trying to control me. Busybodies trying to tell me who to date, what to wear, where to work, where to live. I was independent 2/3rds of my life, nobody can try to treat me like a mindless blob, people aren't going to troll me that way because l don't sheeple and roll over and play dead. This theme has been a reoccurring HBO plot with a backlog of past boring repetitive seasons. It needs to end. The end.☺

Last edited:
I wandered in quiet lanes and corridors a lot because I had trouble finding the places or rooms I was supposed to be in, but I learned to enjoy byways and corridors. And the rooms I was supposed to be in weren't always that great when I got there. The journey is interesting.

A life long battle with emotional and physical struggles.
Still I plod on.
There are many interesting and small wonders in life that keep me going.
Most of which doesn't include people.

Nature and it's flora and fauna mostly.
I'm glad for the people I've found here on the forums.
Most are friendly and it's helped a lot.

My ex boss e-mailed me last week, wants to arrange a get together with some other colleagues just to hang our catch up, curious how they are doing.

My life is like Christmas; you open the largest ones, but they turned out to have clothing in them (dealing with disappointments in life), but the best presents are either small or are the ones you already have (such as having family who support me and accept me for who I am). Overcoming obstacles and reaching my goals is like delivering every present to everyone I knew in 24 hours; it's hard work, but is worth it in the end.
I'm not going to reply to every post in this thread, but I just wanted to say I was so very happy for you feeling better, after I've seen you struggling so much.

New Threads

Top Bottom