• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How do you see your life story?

GadAbout

My life story is a bunch of obstacles, that when encountered, I did the best I could. And after many years of doing that, I am a survivor.

Reading threads posted by other people, I see some who view themselves as a lifelong underdog and fighter, often against implacable foes; and others who view themselves as doomed, only staving off the inevitable a little bit; and others who are so used to ostracism and bullying that they view that as their life story.

What is your life story - boiled down to a sentence or two, the way I just did here? What is the single overriding theme of your life?

For twenty five years I let society--others, situations, issues, unexpected events--dictate who I was and should be, and how I thought and felt about each and every moment, to the point of causing severe dysfunction, misery and self-destruction.

The last twenty nine years, increasing over time, I changed my attitude, rechanneled my energies and efforts, defined things my own way, focused on my strengths and on just doing my best, and not fretting about the rest.

Last edited:
I have been to hell and back so many times I have accrued frequent flyer miles. Despite it all I am a survivor but not only that I survived well and I lived my life my way staying true to myself and my values. I have had a good life all in all.

Every person has challenges to face. Some more than others but no one gets off scott free. It is in how we face those challenges that define us.

My life story has constantly involved divine intervention. My free choice being how best to respond to the good and the bad situations which present them self.

I suspect that every person's life is equally influenced by the divine. It is our human logical ego brain that thinks the divine aspects of us are not involved in every aspect of our life.

John

I’ve gone wildly off course (according to society’s norms) on adventures and run into all sorts of external and internal obstacles ha! I have so many stories, sad & tragic & amazing & happy ones. Latest events were troubled yes. But endeavor on - survive and laugh, learn, and most of all: love.
This is what I have to do, to survive; it’s not Pollyana b.s., it is why I’m still alive.

Last edited:
Still being written...

Because 10 yrs ago my life story would have been very different. I'm predicting in 10 yrs time it will change again. But for now...

Just a temporary stop on an alien planet, learning the ways of the human, exploring the fascinating landscape that which we call Earth, and learning what I can do with my limited abilities to find my own personal niche while I'm here.

A free-to-play solo player in a team adventure game (i.e. no goodie boxes or in-game purchases to make things easier) who has somehow managed to fare pretty well with some luck and help along the way.

Tried to sue the folks for bringing me into the world but they swore they were just having fun so the judge threw the case out of court.
(Just kidding.)

I see it as one ordinary guy trying to figure out where his place in life is, what to do with life, how to become a better person & live up to the purpose I'm supposed to have. And every little bit of that is an adventure. Like most adventures it's not 100% fun and games & it's almost to the point sometimes where existence is pain but I am like an old bantam rooster--I'm game.

Alright, nobody would believe my life story. So here l am, just hoping to give others insight and support so that they may find their happy place in the very short time we are given.

Y'all think you have problems! I am allergic to peanuts, so I never ever can taste the reported delicacy that is Chik Fil A, nor can I eat at any Thai restaurant. LOL

My early life was one without agency when I was whipsawed between others' expectations for me. Didn't make progress until I started putting myself back together, learning my own voice and being an advocate for myself. Since then I have been experiential, learning and being active constantly. Now, though, the ghosts of emotions I thought were buried have found new life and I am trying to meet that head on. I plan on ending this life with my body well used up.

lets just say it was an interesting journey so far, I like to plan, frequent change of plan like in the military, once the battle starts the plan goes out the window.

I did what I could with what I had. I never intentionally hurt anyone, though my sharp edges probably accidentally banged on a few. I am a clumsy creature in many ways. And though it was probably to my own detriment, when I could get away with it I did things my way.

And that is the naked truth.

My life is like Christmas; you open the largest ones, but they turned out to have clothing in them (dealing with disappointments in life), but the best presents are either small or are the ones you already have (such as having family who support me and accept me for who I am). Overcoming obstacles and reaching my goals is like delivering every present to everyone I knew in 24 hours; it's hard work, but is worth it in the end.

New Threads

Top Bottom