• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How do you handle workplace bullying?

The best thing I can tell you is to stand up for yourself and ignore the consequences so long as you don't physically assault anyone. If you tell management that you have ASD and you were harassed/bullied by someone then they should take that seriously because H.R. will have a fit because of the implications. For me, although I never went to H.R. I did cuss out an idiot that almost got me with a piece of equipment being lifted with 5 ton forklift at a tunneling company's hq yard. The first time he almost killed or at least seriously hurt me, the second time he almost caught my leg between 2 piece of equipment and I cussed him out. I've found that people tend to respect others that stand up for themselves. Apparently if you come across as too "nice" or accommodating then people will see you as a push over. It's weird as heck but people are weird. It took me forever to get past that barrier of manners to tell someone off but I think I might be better for it. Just my 2 cents or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's bothering you that much I suggest you go to your supervisor, that's what I would do, at least.

In my situation last year that's exactly what I'd have done, in fact in this situation I'd have gone above her and contacted Head Office, because knowing her she would've defended HIM over me and I would've got the chop anyway.

New Threads

Top Bottom