• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How Do you Feel Good About Yourself?

Knowing I’m okay, and probably always will be okay.
Despite my circumstances or the opinion of others.

Are their ways others can help?

Let me be me.

Of course giving me a real yacht (no hidden agenda)
Would make me feel pretty good too
:)

Having a special friend who I can go out and do things with. He doesn’t judge me. I have felt accepted and good about myself having him in my life for the first time in years after having no one. What’s better is he is ND, like me. (All platonic in case anyone’s wondering.) :)

Having a special friend who I can go out and do things with. He doesn’t judge me. I have felt accepted and good about myself having him in my life for the first time in years. What’s better is he is ND, like me. (All platonic in case anyone’s wondering.) :)

This is great Kirsty- can you tell me what it is he does that makes you feel accepted and not judged? That would be so helpful.

Just by being kind and thoughtful. Accepting me as I am no matter what. If I’m tired or have very low self esteem some days, he’ll be okay with this. It helps that he won’t give up on me and reminds me that I’m a very nice person. He’s protective and wants me to be happy. We enjoy similar, relaxing activities such as going out for food and drink. He is actually very generous by paying for most things which I do offer to contribute, but he says not to worry. I feel very cared for. Like a father figure, I suppose, so there is an age gap, but our minds are wired the same and have common interests.

Last edited:
Can I add, "doesn't ask me to change." ?
Yes. He says “always be you, Kirsty” and often reminds me that he doesn’t want me to not do something I want to do because he wouldn’t (such as going to church at times.) I only really go during Christmas.

Personal successes, being kind and useful to others, receiving love and acceptance from others, simply not being upset about any aspect of who I am....neutrality about self is a type of "good", in the way I experience things.

My wife and family make me feel good about myself. They are everything.

living creatures that are not human, feeding birds and stray, wild animals.
Reading transcripts of TV shows I like and a very few books.

Being helpful and of service to others. Being creative and seeing and hearing about the creativity of others. Having fun and quirky humorous wordplay and jokes with others. Writing poems and stories. Gardening. Making healthy food and exercise choices. Having substantial quiet time. Being with my cat.

Finding a relationship like @Kirsty has would be really great.
Someone to be with that can honestly say they accept you just the way you are.
Not that I don't enjoy time to myself and need it.
But, running around with just me, myself and I
to have conversations with or share things can
really crap at times.

Of course several mill wouldn't feel bad either.
:rolleyes:

Not that I don't enjoy time to myself and need it.
But, running around with just me, myself and I
to have conversations with or share things can
really crap at times.
I know the feeling. I have been this way for most of my life and he’s been on his own constantly for nearly 50 years, so this is really special. We don’t use each other.
I met him through work. He spoke to me first. People usually do speak to me first.

Just acceptance. Really, accept that I am my own person, with my own quirks and need for solitude. So if you want to make me happy, please put off that hoover until I leave the house, alright?

Other things... well, I feel good about my feet when I put them on fresh grass sprinkled with water. If there is a lake somewhere around, it's even better, the sounds are so nice it makes you feel a part of it. Does it count? ;)

I never do.

Oh, sure, I'll have moments of bright optimism and hopes for the future. But then, just as quickly, I'm back into my usual, dark pit of self-loathing, self-hatred, and hatred towards other autistics/autism in general.

Doing nothing.

If I don't feel good and

If I'm able to find space

Peace and quiet.

I naturally start to feel good.

Taking time to look at nature,not being in a hurry.

I don't need anything to feel good,generally.

Other things don't usually add to it.

New Threads

Top Bottom