• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How do I stop hating other teenagers?

And for wondering what I mean by "forgiving" other teens I mean letting go of my anger for them and moving on(hence "forgive") also I don't just mean one teenager or even a group. I'm referring to all teenagers in general.

I was the same... But I grew up and realized that "adults" are not that different then children. They can just control themselves better, and "play" the role better, somewhat more responsible, more reasonable... Which are all good things of course, but I think the problem is that you can overrely on that, it's temporary, just safety behavior.

I remember, I was in the university, and talked (on internet) more then a year with a lady, at least double my age. Nothing sexual, I just could not relate to the females around my age. Some may say, it's sick... and probably it is. I've actually tried to develop multiple relationships with age appropriate females, and it was always a total fail, since we have very little in common, we start hating each other. It's also not just the age, but the culture. Older people come from other culture, with other values. This is one more reason to feel attracted to them, since you feel more attractive to the culture they come from. So, it's a complex issue, but nevertheless, I think it always ends badly, since there is not much space or time for such relationship to grow. Even if you dislike people from your generation, this is what you will have to live with. Also, like you said, you have now an internet connection... You should never fully trust something on internet. Remember that people have a real life, which is much more important for them then you. So they can block you from their life, just like that. Personally, there are few things I would want to change in my life, but one of them would be to put more effort towards people at my own age, my actual surroundings. Although I've tried, I feel I wasted also a lot of effort towards something illusory. I don't have a "solution", it's just choosing the lesser evil thing.

New Threads

Top Bottom