• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How do I join a cult?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrokenBoy

戯言使い(Nonsense User)
Ok I'm bored so I want to join a cult because I think watching people become nuts and doing crazy stuff for the cult leader is amusing in a schadenfreude sorta way. I wanna pretend to be gaslit by the by the leader and subservient to them and leave when things goes south. How do I find a cult to join?

Er... what?

Part of the danger of cults is that they often dont LET you leave, and even if you manage to, many will hound you to no end.

Er... what?

Part of the danger of cults is that they often dont LET you leave, and even if you manage to, many will hound you to no end.
I was going to say the same thing. They won't let you leave, and if you try to leave, you might not get out alive. Plus it will take many years to "deprogram" and de-traumatize you.

I hope this a bad joke because you shouldn't do this. They will not let you leave. It's not some simple thing like you see in media. Don't join a cult.

You're in luck, I happen to have an opening for a new member. All you have to do is transfer all your money and belongings to me and work in my raspberry field this summer. You will be given one potato and a cup of water each day for free and you can pick your own box to sleep in. I have several. There is also a matter of total obedience but we can discuss the details later, when you sign the contract.

All joking aside, don't join a cult. It's all fun and games until everyone dies a horrible death at the hands of the great leader. Look up Jonestown, that's a good example of why you should never join or start a cult. Or Heaven's Gate.

Last edited:
Ok I'm bored so I want to join a cult because I think watching people become nuts and doing crazy stuff for the cult leader is amusing in a schadenfreude sorta way. I wanna pretend to be gaslit by the by the leader and subservient to them and leave when things goes south. How do I find a cult to join?
Very bad idea.!! Do not join a cult. Find some other hobbies.

Just join a company. Many RRHH areas use cult stuff and many bosses need to be workshiped. You can also join a political party, they also will ask you to workship the leaders and do cult stuff.

You might get paid too and politicians need people without ethics.

Boredom does not have to equate potentiality harmful ideas. Want to understand cult behavior and individual motivation(s). Maybe look into studying abnormal or forensic psychology.

Let us know how that works out for you. If the cult you join allows you internet moments.

Schadenfreude ...lit. 'harm-joy') is the experience of pleasure, joy, or self-satisfaction that comes from learning of or witnessing the troubles, failures, or humiliation of another.

Joining a cult for this reason because you could enjoy seeing someone else suffer
would be a sort of ego boost for you. You imagine playing a false role, then cleanly
extracting yourself from the situation, with a wealth of stimulating observations.

Boredom does offer an empty playground.
The games a person chooses to play within that playground
can describe the person's emotional state.

You want to join a cult? Imagine you finally realizing that this is a bad thing while two people hold you down as they pour the "kool-aid" down your throat against your will. You sure you are ready for that kind of amusement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom