• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How can you tell if someone "likes" you?

What does “date” mean?

What about “get to know them?”

Are these quotes suggesting innuendos of some kind?

Even romantic attraction means different things to different people. It is never safe to assume. In my experience, directness is the only way to avoid lasting hurt.
I look at a "date" as a structured outing or purposeful activity that is more than hanging out because of mutual boredom. "Getting to know" somebody is finding out what resonates with them to get an idea of their values and interests among other things. I like museums for both, especially art museums. There is a lot in art that touches on our thoughts and feelings and if you cannot have a great conversation with such reminders?

I like them, but I don't really want to take them out on a "date". We already talk a lot and hang out outside of work, and are pretty close friends, so I don't necessarily need to "get to know them". I think if I do anything I'll just keep hanging out with them, and maybe bring up the topic when there's a "good" time to. I should also clarify that my friend is biologically male and is nonbinary (which is why I'm using "they" pronouns for them), definitely not a woman. lol
My error. Yet, the signs are there. I hope there is mutual like and respect between you two.

Since I am married, it has been many years that I have not had to be put in that situation, but when I was, it was just horrendous and I was ribbed by a sister for it too: uh, hey, Suzanne. Are you stupid or something? Can't you tell he fancies you? And she would laugh when I asked did she know?

I guess for me, it came down to not liking being me and thus, could not comprehend when a guy liked me and thus, the few times I did date, it was because they spelt it out for me and I was floored when they confessed!

Since I am married, it has been many years that I have not had to be put in that situation, but when I was, it was just horrendous and I was ribbed by a sister for it too: uh, hey, Suzanne. Are you stupid or something? Can't you tell he fancies you? And she would laugh when I asked did she know?

I guess for me, it came down to not liking being me and thus, could not comprehend when a guy liked me and thus, the few times I did date, it was because they spelt it out for me and I was floored when they confessed!
I was like that. When out with others, people would comment that some girl/woman was interested in me. Once when I was dropping off a family friend and her friend in Windsor, my mom mentioned that the friend was hoping for a kiss. I saw none of that, and it did not help me to learn anything when such was always told me after the fact. I frequently felt unworthy of notice. I am glad that is in the dead past.

I was like that. When out with others, people would comment that some girl/woman was interested in me. Once when I was dropping off a family friend and her friend in Windsor, my mom mentioned that the friend was hoping for a kiss. I saw none of that, and it did not help me to learn anything when such was always told me after the fact. I frequently felt unworthy of notice. I am glad that is in the dead past.
If someone tells you that someone else has interest and you weren't able to figure this out yourself, if you have a way to reach out to such and such a person still, you can let them know your interest then and she how he/she responds.

New Threads

Top Bottom