• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hospital Stories

The worst time in the hospital was when I broke my ankle. I had to walk to the ambulance on it. And if that wasn’t enough, I waited six hours for an X-ray with no pain medications. Just Tylenol and ibuprofen. They finally did an X-ray and realized it was broken in four places. They still didn’t give me anything for pain. They transferred me to another hospital where they finally tried to pop my ankle back in while I was under conscious sedation. But they couldn’t. So I waited all night in the ER in the hallway in a wheelchair with a morphine drip. Oh, and did I mention I didn’t even get a cast until a few hours after arriving at the second hospital? I had surgery on it the next morning. It felt like my foot was falling off my ankle whenever I’d walk, which the nurses kept making me do (before they casted it and before my surgery). It was a hellish experience.

I was in hospital when I was 8 years old for falling 30 feet off a ski lift. I landed on snow, but I was told that I almost landed on rocks. If I had fallen in another 5 feet, then I would have died from rock impact. That incident made it so I had to be in hospital for almost a week. My spine was broken in several places and my left foot was almost shattered. I healed up nicely though. The nurses were amazing with helping me do things. They reassured me often that I was doing great work. I hated the hospital. No room for anything. Made me feel sick sometimes. I love being alone and hospital didn’t help at all. I have learned to be around people, but my social anxiety hits pretty good.
That is my hospital story. One of many.

New Threads

Top Bottom