• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hoping someone understand this?

Chance if you are having an allergic reaction you really should get to a medical facility or at least call one for advice. I got hives all over my body last time I took Bactrim. It's a sulphur based antibiotic and some people are allergic to sulphur based drugs.

I think I'm okay I will call but if this will just settle down then I'm good, no other stuff happening... Just magnified panic attack stuff which isn't to pleasant right now. I did go out for a short walk but its cold and windy... It actually seems to have helped a little.

I get that anxiety and panic too. Tried medication and all it did was bury it and made me feel shi***.

• magnesium - I use Calms brand that dissolves in water
• make absolutely sure you're not dehydrated
• stop the mind being stuck on the flight or flight panic with the 54321 exercise.
• visualize the face of your favorite trusted dog, cat, family member.
• pushups, jumping rope, jogging, walking, something to get your blood and oxygen circulating.
• do not take drugs or alcohol

Many drugs can cause anxiety and if you are prone to panic attacks they will be worse.
Sulphur increases anxiety with most people.
Most any antibiotic will make you feel bad and also increase anxiety. Flagyl, I have found is one of the worse and what is called a Z-pak. The supposed 4 day cure. But, it makes you feel terrible.
Anything with cortisone can also set off the attacks since they are usually an HPA-axis disorder that can't be prevented.
Just how some nervous systems are wired causes the fight or flight response from the hormones it releases.

Doesn't sound like allergic reaction if there are no hives, rashes, swelling of the tongue or throat, breathing difficulty or low blood pressure (anaphylaxis).

The sensations are called intolerance. After the antibiotic regimen is finished it goes away and I feel my usual self again.

The fall into winter problem may be what is call SAD- Seasonal Affective Disorder. Need LIGHT, fresh air and exercise for that. ;)

Same problem, I also have panic attacks where my heart races to about 120 bpm for 5 mins or so. A few years back I started yoga and got into chakra healing. I did some research and the concept of chakras or energy centers appear in hindi, sanskrit, buddhism etc, so maybe there is something there. Either way it helps, I can now meditate for nearly a minute before my brain explodes back into activity!

My anxiety shows its ugly self, when ever my daily routine is interrupted and no one can talk sense it me, because it is like I am catatonic in those moments.

Just recently, I had an appointment to go to, but it meant getting up very early in the morning. I mean, I get up around 6am anyway, but it is more a relaxed. I know what I am doing and so get on with it, but this time, it was about getting dressed and eating something and preparing hubby something and all before 7am and my anxiety would not depart, despite how many times I tried to rationise it. In the end, I just could not cope and my husband cancelled and I hope I do not regret it, because it was to do with two digestive results that were vastly different and a possible future operation to deal with my huge hiatal hernia, but I just could not go to that appointment. Oh and the reason my husband phoned, is due to us living in France.

I do, however feel blessed that if the anxiety gets so bad that I have homopathic medicine that works a dream for me.

If the time of year is connected, a Lightbox to simulate the sunlight you are not getting could be helpful. I like mine.

Great technique Gritches! AND, reality is that catastrophes rarely happen , neither do fairytale endings, reality is somewhere in between. But when we start getting anxious and catastrophizing we are only seeing a tiny part of the continuum of reality so our view is totally skewed and therefore not based on reality. If catastrophes are number one on a scale of 1-10 and fairytales are number 10, reality is somewhere in the middle, but if you only focus on number one you can't see reality. Hope that Chance will try your technique to rerecord those negative tapes playing right now. Looking up at the stars on a dark night can also help with regaining proper perspective. :)
Oh and hope your new job works out well for you Gritches!
That is an awesome way of describing it! So it is true - why not fantasize about fantastic possibilities instead of just dwelling on the worst case scenarios?

To the OP: I used to suffer from severe anxiety attacks, but thankfully over the years they have diminished. However, the extreme negative self talk is still a major challenge, and I often long for a switch to flip that would turn off all the crap that it flowing through my head. I hope the methods mentioned here will help you find some inner peace!

BTW, one supplement that helped me for a time, was 5htp. It is available in health food stores and is a naturally occurring amino acid, and is a precursor to Serotonin. It helps one to feel calm and able. Also, a short course of taking it (not meant for long term use) made me actually feel more NT in a way; I was seeing and interpreting facial expressions correctly, making eye contact comfortably, etc. And the anxiety was all but gone. Of course if you are taking an antidepressant, it is dangerous to combine the two. Always research supplements.

I think I'm okay I will call but if this will just settle down then I'm good, no other stuff happening... Just magnified panic attack stuff which isn't to pleasant right now. I did go out for a short walk but its cold and windy... It actually seems to have helped a little.
Has hell stopped yet?

It is scary... so you know what I am feeling, no more of this stuff.

Once took amoxicillin for a chronic sinus infection. By day three, and really horrid nightmares, a red itchy rash (sign of an allergic reaction) I was ready to seriously commit suicide. I had it all planned out, and it was all I could think of. Found a message board online, with people from about ten years ago up to the present, reporting symptoms like suicidal ideation and nightmares, which stopped me from going through with it. Stopped taking the things immediately, and flushed my system for days with a liquid diet. Never again do I want to feel like that.

Last edited:
Has hell stopped yet?

Yes... much better today. I made it through board meeting just got out super tired but all went well. I have great bosses and i appreciate them for putting up with me more then they may ever know.

Once took amoxicillin for a chronic sinus infection. By day three, and really horrid nightmares, a red itchy rash (sign of an allergic reaction) I was ready to seriously commit suicide. I had it all planned out, and it was all I could think of. Found a message board online, with people from about ten years ago up to the present, reporting symptoms like suicidal indeation and nightmares, which stopped me from going through with it. Stopped taking the things immediately, and flushed my system for days with a liquid diet. Never again do I want to feel like that.

I was literally wondering if i wanted to go on... i was scared out of sanity for a couple of hours. I would doze off and just jump because i was terrified i might not wake back up... it was scary.

I was literally wondering if i wanted to go on... i was scared out of sanity for a couple of hours. I would doze off and just jump because i was terrified i might not wake back up... it was scary.

I don't think some medications really take into account adverse reactions, when they are proscribed. Also don't think an Aspie has the same reactions as others do, our brain chemistry is different. Very few meds have worked for me, either they had no effect, or double or triple the effect. Probably why I go with plant substances, as much as possible.

Last edited:
Scary. I remember trying some anti depressant when I was about 17 and the first one I took I felt suicidal. I didn’t know how to handle it so I stopped taking them straight away.

Same problem, I also have panic attacks where my heart races to about 120 bpm for 5 mins or so. A few years back I started yoga and got into chakra healing. I did some research and the concept of chakras or energy centers appear in hindi, sanskrit, buddhism etc, so maybe there is something there. Either way it helps, I can now meditate for nearly a minute before my brain explodes back into activity!
I am a Reiki practioner.
This is a very old healing art and I've seen it do wonders from emotional to physical.
It is finally being accepted as a 'legitimate' alternative treatment and is being used with animals as well as people.

I'm glad to hear it has been of help to you.
I am very wary of whom I allow into my energy fields since I have also been an instructor.
In teaching it I always put the shields up when letting a student practice on me. Reason being is if they aren't contolling it correctly, their energy can enter yours and if their energy is negative or unbalanced, well, not good for you.
That was how I could tell if a student was good at the art when they would say I wasn't allowing energy in and they could feel it bounce back.

Meditation is good too for stress and anxiety.
It may seem you aren't able to sustain it for very long at first, but with practice you will become more adept.
I had to accomplish a one hour, lotus position, chakra meditation to graduate!
Good luck to you. Hang in there.

SO
I am a Reiki practioner.
This is a very old healing art and I've seen it do wonders from emotional to physical.
It is finally being accepted as a 'legitimate' alternative treatment and is being used with animals as well as people.

I'm glad to hear it has been of help to you.
I am very wary of whom I allow into my energy fields since I have also been an instructor.
In teaching it I always put the shields up when letting a student practice on me. Reason being is if they aren't contolling it correctly, their energy can enter yours and if their energy is negative or unbalanced, well, not good for you.
That was how I could tell if a student was good at the art when they would say I wasn't allowing energy in and they could feel it bounce back.

Meditation is good too for stress and anxiety.
It may seem you aren't able to sustain it for very long at first, but with practice you will become more adept.
I had to accomplish a one hour, lotus position, chakra meditation to graduate!
Good luck to you. Hang in there.

So Susan, can a person approach you... Maybe you know them, maybe not, but at times do you just get a really sick feeling down deep, or maybe with someone else an "honorable" feeling maybe?

Or maybe enter a room and feel anger, or happiness, or maybe even sort of death? Or walk into situation and get instantly tired, when 5 minutes earlier you felt fine?

Maybe this is part of my SPD, maybe its not even real... But in my head its more than real, and it can put me in some weird mental situations that seem to fire up a whole host of feelings I don't know how to deal with, or what to do with.

Just curious... : )

SO

So Susan, can a person approach you... Maybe you know them, maybe not, but at times do you just get a really sick feeling down deep, or maybe with someone else an "honorable" feeling maybe?

Or maybe enter a room and feel anger, or happiness, or maybe even sort of death? Or walk into situation and get instantly tired, when 5 minutes earlier you felt fine?

Maybe this is part of my SPD, maybe its not even real... But in my head its more than real, and it can put me in some weird mental situations that seem to fire up a whole host of feelings I don't know how to deal with, or what to do with.

Just curious... : )
According to Christianity spirits can inhabit you-so for instance the holy spirit could inhabit you and you would feel complete peace or a spirit of anger could inhabit you and you would want to destroy ,the term now used is deliverance used to be exorcism but that is obviously frightening .
Many priests are called to deliver people Who are possessed by what they think is the spirit but sometimes is just anxiety for instance I think I have a deaf and dumb spirit it prevents me from understanding and perception

According to Christianity spirits can inhabit you-so for instance the holy spirit could inhabit you and you would feel complete peace or a spirit of anger could inhabit you and you would want to destroy ,the term now used is deliverance used to be exorcism but that is obviously frightening .
Many priests are called to deliver people Who are possessed by what they think is the spirit but sometimes is just anxiety for instance I think I have a deaf and dumb spirit it prevents me from understanding and perception

I get what you are saying, but not realy what I'm asking... Its like a "feeling" people put off... Maybe their energy... Maybe it does in some way get over into spirits, but its them emitting this feeling I would say???? Not like it jumps in me or anything like that... I would be kind of freaked out really bad if that was to happen... That just gave me a chill... : )

I get what you are saying, but not realy what I'm asking... Its like a "feeling" people put off... Maybe their energy... Maybe it does in some way get over into spirits, but its them emitting this feeling I would say???? Not like it jumps in me or anything like that... I would be kind of freaked out really bad if that was to happen... That just gave me a chill... : )
The thing is if you're not highly attuned to the teachings of the bible you wouldn't perceive when it happened to you ,you just get a feeling you don't like ,i'm not as highly attuned some Christians but the deeper you go into Christian teaching the more you understand that, don't just think spirit possession , where you manifest sounds that you wouldn't like to hear it's the same as if you walk past somebody in the street ,whatever the feeling it will affect you in some way Spirit in Latin just means breath -it doesn't necessarily mean a supernatural being .

@Chance , I have a bit different definition for what you are asking.
The energy a person gives off through their emotions and thoughts changes the energy around them and some people can sense that change. It is nothing I fear, but, the super negative charged energy from a hate filled person is not beneficial to others energy fields around them.
And vice versa. Happiness and love gives a charge to the air that is good for others. (There is science on this.)

I don't touch much on any particular religion, but, rather tend to encompass all of them. Each has something to teach when it comes to the spiritual. Everything is energy in various frequencies. And I do believe in spirit walk-ins.
This isn't the forum for deep discussion on these subjects
so I will just say I have a lot of experience in metaphysics and fear of negative entities is the weak spot.
Be not afraid is the best protection.

This subject has been brought up before and usually shot down due to lack of concrete scientific proof.
If you would like to PM me on specific questions, I would be glad to answer as scientifically as possible. It is one of my interests and have a degree in it. Metaphysical sciences and spirituality.
Not one specific religion. I embrace them all.
IMO they all have roots in the Universal ALL .
Everyone has a right to their beliefs and to grow and learn with it.

New Threads

Top Bottom