• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hobbies

Keith

What are your hobbies?

I've been taking painting classes for a few years now. I have the best teacher. She's one of the nicest people I know, and she can get anyone to learn how to paint. She even got my grandmother, who has severe arthritis, to learn how to paint.

I'm not really sure if I have a hobby or an obsession. It's probably a little of both. Whatever the case, I'm into black powder cap-and-ball shooting. If memory serves right, but I think I posted an image of my stuff on a thread about Obsessions.
Nice, I always wanted to get into that. I have a flintlock pistol which is functional that I use for my pirate costume. One of these days I want to take it out in the desert and play with it.

Nice, that's a sweet piece!!! I buy a lot from Track of the Wolf. I'm intrigued that you're a member of the Sons of the American Revolution. I didn't know they had such a thing. My great grandmother was a member of the DAR, so I would imagine that I could be eligible. I'm eligible to join the Sons of Confederate Veterans. All I need is the documentation. I have found all the info, but don't have the hard copies in hand.
Yes you would be, DAR memberships are accepted by the SAR for membership (but not vice versa). All you would have to do is prove that you are related to your grandmother (documentation) and her membership documents would prove your connection to your patriot ancestor. You would need a copy of her application data.

Painting (as you could probably tell from my picture lol), gaming is a big hobby, I watch WWE from time to time.
I even watch documentaries/ science shows on the TV. :)
So that is my list. :grinning:

Oh and racing games. Cannot forget them racing games. :D

I was never able to get the hang of working with paints. I like to draw though... my work is quite uninspired so I spare people most of the time!
I am really more of a "craft-y" person than an "artsy" one if you want to get to down to the heart of it. I like using glitter glue on rocks and nailing them onto furniture, covering plants in plastic beads, and decorating "Caution" signs that I've found laying in the mud with shoelaces.

My hobby is knitting and crocheting.
I've been thinking of putting this license plate cover on my Jeep. What do you think?
image.jpg

Maybe I don't have enough of what the cover says to actually use the cover in the first place!
Do I dare? :rolleyes:

Probably touched upon this way too many times by now; and now everyone will be like "it's him again and his toy soldiers"... but one of my hobbies in tabletop wargaming and the full spectrum of elements in said hobby. Gaming, painting, modelling.

That seems to be the main thing for the past few years. In the background there still is music, production, recording and playing instruments. Eventually I'll get back to that, I guess it just took a backseat.

And there are a few minor ones, though those might be more interests rather than hobbies. Some might even be "a purpose in life" if you break it down like that.

Knitting! I have a hat that I made myself...and then I lost track of all my needles and yarn and I'm not sure where they are at at the present time...hmm...

Wyv, if you lived in Oz I would have invited you to our knitters group. How long have you been knitting? You should pick up those needles again - it's a great stress reliever. You have a picture of that hat you made?

I used to love to draw but haven't gone too much of that lately. My biggest "hobby" I would say is coin collecting. I've been doing that since high school and now have quite a large collection that I'm pretty proud of.

Painting (as you could probably tell from my picture lol), gaming is a big hobby, I watch WWE from time to time.
I even watch documentaries/ science shows on the TV. :)
So that is my list. :grinning:

Oh and racing games. Cannot forget them racing games. :D

Nice to see there is another WWE fan here! I've been watching wrestling since I was like 12 years old. :) Although I'm kind of an obsessive fan lol.

I used to love to draw but haven't gone too much of that lately. My biggest "hobby" I would say is coin collecting. I've been doing that since high school and now have quite a large collection that I'm pretty proud of.

Nice to see there is another WWE fan here! I've been watching wrestling since I was like 12 years old. :) Although I'm kind of an obsessive fan lol.

Lol, I wouldn't know if I'm obsessed with WWE. Though since my cupboard has heaps of the dvds stacked on top of it, I may count as being a little obsessed. ;)

Lol, I wouldn't know if I'm obsessed with WWE. Though since my cupboard has heaps of the dvds stacked on top of it, I may count as being a little obsessed. ;)

Nice, you can never have too many of them! ;) My collection has grown way too large over the years, for a while I was buying every single DVD that WWE released. I have the WWE Network now also so that keeps me occupied. I wish I had that years ago lol

I've been abroad for the last eight years, and due to the nature of the situation it has been difficult to maintain hobbies. I'm now in transition back home. I'm desperate to settle and renew some old interests...

1) Get a dog. I need one, partly to force me to exercise. Preferably of a larger spitz breed (all spitz have aspergers :)), and I'm thinking of a chow chow.

2) Pinhole photography. Still have my old homemade cameras. But I have to rent somewhere I can make a darkroom first.

3) Aquarium fish. Actually, this one has morphed a bit while abroad. I'm looking at combining it with aquaponics.

New Threads

Top Bottom