• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hiking!

Oh boy lol... I have literally THOUSANDS of hiking photos and videos on my laptop and phone. I go hiking at least twice a week if I have breaks in between work and events.

I'm going on vacation on Sunday and I will be hiking, boating and exploring for an entire week.

But for a small sample of my hiking adventures, here is a video from 2019 when I went hiking at Mount Sunapee in New Hampshire. My dogs are sadly not featured in this one lol but they were there.

I love all the photos in this thread and I'll definitely post more. I have hiked all of New England, a lot of the US and some other countries.

Very nice! I found it nice having the pack goats on the trail. They were nice and when unloaded didn't mind me using them as a backrest. And they are curious. One late afternoon setting up camp, I was putting up the tent and shook out the ground cloth with a snapping noise. I laid it down and upon looking up I was surrounded by the goats.

What a way to enjoy the solstice.
The 21st was much too hot here. But I did get a freehike in on Friday before. Sespe Wilderness Area north of Filmore has many miles of mostly empty trails.

I did meet one couple backpacking but I had a lot of advance warning and casually slipped some shorts on before they were on top of me. A matter of being courteous to someone whose values I don't know rather than being afraid of being seen. As it turned out, I hadn't needed to. They were heading back to Sespe Hot Springs where there is no shortage of nudity. If I'd gone in midweek, as is my usual practice, I wouldn't have seen anyone.

And to get second degree burns on your wedding tackle from the UV! :innocent:
You do get odd tan lines from being naked with a backpack. I try to take it off as much as I can but carrying a pack is unavoidable if you're miles into the middle of nowhere.. I've been in the sun enough that I know it won't burn. I do a fair amount of naked hiking.

Next on my schedule is World Naked Bike Ride - LA on the 25th.

The 21st was much too hot here. But I did get a freehike in on Friday before. Sespe Wilderness Area north of Filmore has many miles of mostly empty trails.

I did meet one couple backpacking but I had a lot of advance warning and casually slipped some shorts on before they were on top of me. A matter of being courteous to someone whose values I don't know rather than being afraid of being seen. As it turned out, I hadn't needed to. They were heading back to Sespe Hot Springs where there is no shortage of nudity. If I'd gone in midweek, as is my usual practice, I wouldn't have seen anyone.
Wow, Looks like an area where the Sierra Nevada and Coast Range merge. My favorite hiking was in the Wind River range and Popo Agie Wilderness. When young, these must have been immense mountains that were buried in their own erosional detritus. From the edge of that detritus at 9,000 feet the granite cores rise to 14,000 feet. A fabulous area. I have canoed the Wind River as it cuts through a glacial moraine. 2 1/2 miles of continuous Class II with an eddy to rest maybe every 1/4 mile. I did it with some of the grand old men of American whitewater canoeing from Virginia and it was an honor that they trusted us. I once ran a drop and I see all of them watching me to see if I could handle my low volume whitewater canoe (Mad River, Flashback). 'guess I passed their test.

You do get odd tan lines from being naked with a backpack. I try to take it off as much as I can but carrying a pack is unavoidable if you're miles into the middle of nowhere.. I've been in the sun enough that I know it won't burn. I do a fair amount of naked hiking.

Next on my schedule is World Naked Bike Ride - LA on the 25th.
Hell! I'd be up for a nekkid bike ride. Problem is, I ride a tadpole recumbent trike where I stretch out reclining back, feet in front. Though I'd wear my clipless shoes (added. On these bikes you never want your feet to come off the pedals and go under the crossbar on which the front wheels are mounted, at speed.)

images(8).jpg

Attachments

• 2Q==(5).jpg
    2Q==(5).jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
It's just a casual ride around downtown LA. Basic wide seat, no cover. Haven't had a problem yet and I've done 3 so far. The AM ride is 12 miles this year and PM ride is 6. It may be a bit hot in the afternoon. I tend to avoid exercise in temps over 90 as I get older.

People imagine the same thing about hiking naked. All the rash one would get from the hip belt or the pack straps. It just doesn't happen. People like to imagine all kinds of things that don't happen in reality.

I love hiking! I don't go as often as I should. I literally live next to a state park, but I do have Lyme disease so unfortunately sometimes I'm too sick to hike. I would love to section hike the AT someday. Thru hiking is out of the question for me unfortunately. My favorite hiking encounter... well, it's not that exciting I guess but one time I was hiking in the park near my house and a big owl flew out of a tree and swooped down really close to me. It was so majestic. It really sticks out in my mind. The best hiking was on a trip to Maine. It was gorgeous! I'd love to go back someday.

I love hiking! I don't go as often as I should. I literally live next to a state park, but I do have Lyme disease so unfortunately sometimes I'm too sick to hike. I would love to section hike the AT someday. Thru hiking is out of the question for me unfortunately. My favorite hiking encounter... well, it's not that exciting I guess but one time I was hiking in the park near my house and a big owl flew out of a tree and swooped down really close to me. It was so majestic. It really sticks out in my mind. The best hiking was on a trip to Maine. It was gorgeous! I'd love to go back someday.
I'd say that's plenty exciting. I've never seen an owl in the wild before so it'd absolutely make my day. Have loved every sighting of birds of prey and deer. In the most recent hike a few days ago on the drive back home a buzzard flew low across the road. Got a great look at that wingspan.

I'd say that's plenty exciting. I've never seen an owl in the wild before so it'd absolutely make my day. Have loved every sighting of birds of prey and deer. In the most recent hike a few days ago on the drive back home a buzzard flew low across the road. Got a great look at that wingspan.
It definitely made my day! I love buzzards. They're so cool. They do a great job as a "clean up crew" near the roads of my town.

I have just returned from a one week trip to the northernmost parts of Scotland (though still on mainland). Strong winds and a thousand small bouts of rain but nothing that made the few planned hikes too difficult. For a sense of empty space yet still have tourist-trap level grandeur in cliffs and beaches the north is really perfect. Most people do little more than stop their camper to take a picture and hurry back inside. You are truly alone out there, moreso once you leave the obvious trails and go for wilderness walks which I did a few times (over half the pictures posted were not on trail). I feel thoroughly refreshed and my innate urges to climb rocks and stand on big hills have been subdued for at least the next half a year.
20220928_135253.jpg
20220927_162910.jpg
20220927_162902.jpg
20220927_153745.jpg
20220927_160848.jpg
20220927_134231.jpg
20220926_164710.jpg
20220928_150201.jpg

I rode my bicycle from LA to Yosemite. The pavement peaked at just under 10,000' elevation, so I did another 2,000 on foot for an all-around view. Aspie me didn't think to ask anyone about secure bike parking, so maybe I'm lucky I rode away.
When I moved here, my regular exercise was along a creek on the south side of town, but our parks board must have grown up on a mine site, and I don't go there now.

Why the leash? To take an interesting walk in Winnipeg, I'd stop at my front gate and look at my dog. He'd spin a couple of times and lead off, ranging around for sqirrels to chase, but never outpacing me. After a while, I'd just stop, and in a few seconds he'd reverse direction and take us home another way that I would never have found. If I was leading, he'd stay in the same block in a residential area, and within 3 meters downtown. If I went into a food store, he'd wait, and if I went into an office building or department store, he'd heel so well that I was never challenged for a leash. I didn't have to say a word.

Why the leash? To take an interesting walk in Winnipeg, I'd stop at my front gate and look at my dog. He'd spin a couple of times and lead off, ranging around for sqirrels to chase, but never outpacing me. After a while, I'd just stop, and in a few seconds he'd reverse direction and take us home another way that I would never have found. If I was leading, he'd stay in the same block in a residential area, and within 3 meters downtown. If I went into a food store, he'd wait, and if I went into an office building or department store, he'd heel so well that I was never challenged for a leash. I didn't have to say a word.
He's fine off leash, but he is not allowed to be on this trail. Too many people have complained about aggressive off-leash dogs (not mine.)

New Threads

Top Bottom