• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi

AAQ

I am not sure... I don't know if I am in the right place. I want to introduce myself. I am anxious right now.
I have know recently, by my psychiatrist, that I may have asperger (but she told me that this name is not official anymore according to dsm-v, i dont know what that would do to the diagnosis) ...I am depressed and anxious, taking medication. And now with this new probability I am confused how to see myself and my past. I am very lost.
Well, hi...

Welcome aboard!
It is a difficult thing to accept sometimes. This forum/ site is a wonderful place. Many nice helpful folks around here. I have anxiety issues as well, I understand how difficult it can be.
Message anytime :)

The diagnosis now, for what Was Asperers, is called "level One" autism. That's me.

Unsure whether you're "in the right place"? That is something you need not worry about here. We are chock full of self-diagnosed, possibly-diagnosed, officially-diagnosed, related conditions, and even those who aren't on the spectrum at all--I guess that means it's a fun place to hang out! I mean, heck, our Rocco here welcomes everyone with his own paintings... :)

I hope, if you stick around, you will find out something about yourself, from the experiences of others. Please, feel free to ask whatever you like, and browse around.

And check out these links as well -

Resources | AspiesCentral.com

How To Use Our Forum Software - FAQ | AspiesCentral.com

Thank you for your kindness, rocco and wyverary. So much i have to learn about myself! I am in a difficult but important stage in life, and it is always great to find well intended people on the way when the daily life can be so cold and harsh. Thank you for the welcoming!

And now with this new probability I am confused how to see myself and my past. I am very lost.Well, hi...

Welcome to AC. Well, you're not too lost to have found us. ;)

Hope the forum is as great of help to you as it has been to me and so many others here. :)

Welcome to AC.
Feeling lost is not unusual, especially for those who discover Aspergers later in life. For me it gave a sense of relief and explanation of my life, but I also no longer knew who I was, and what was reasonable to expect of myself. My NT mask was being stripped away, but I didn't know what was left of the real me. Still working on it. I was quite depressed, but things are improving now.
Hang in there.

AAQ
118275615.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom