• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi

AdzPearson

Hi. My name is Adam and I'm 24 years old. I'm currently studying for a degree in Computer Games Design at Staffordshire University (third and final year).

I was diagnosed with Aspergers at 13, but it was known that I had a form of autism from a very early age. While I still have some trouble with life, I'm slowly learning to live with it. I used to be a VERY shy person. I still am to an extent, but I find it easier to talk to people now. I'm also slowly beginning to understand people's feelings (thanks to watching/reading fiction and a very good friend of mine). I'm starting to accept who I am. I think I'll always feel 'different', but I'm definitely not ashamed to have Aspergers.

As my Uni course suggests, I like playing computer/video games. I've been playing them since I was about 3. I generally play role-playing games, first-person shooters, survival horror and action adventure games. I hope to get a job in the games industry one day. I also like watching football. My favourite team is Everton.

That's just a brief description of me. If you have any questions, feel free to fire away. =)

Hi Adam, welcome to the forums. So what kind of a gamer are you then? :) Consoles, or PC? What games on each?

I have all three consoles, the two main handhelds and a PC with a pretty decent spec. I mainly use the 360 and PS3, though. The Wii just keeps on building up dust at the moment and my gaming PC is currently out of commission.

For the PS3, my most recent game was Uncharted 2. I really enjoyed the first game. The sequel did not disappoint. Easily the best game of the year for me. The single-player campaign was action-packed all the way through and I've had a good time playing co-op with one of my brothers.

Latest 360 game I've played is Borderlands. I've been playing that with two of my housemates. Completed the main game about two months ago, but I completed the first expansion pack over Xmas. I'll probably start the 2nd expansion this weekend. It's a lot of fun to play. I like the sense of humour in the game, too.

I generally like games that I can get stuck into and enjoy the ride. I play unusual games from time to time, too (e.g. Katamari Damacy). I'm willing to give pretty much anything a try.

Heh, nice! A serious gamer then. I'm not a big fan of consoles, the controllers annoy me - when it comes to precision, I'm not happy with anything other than a mouse. I guess the game I've played longest is Counter-Strike: Source.

Have you been a gamer since you were you were little? As far as I can remember by progression goes gameboy --> PS1 gameboy advance --> PS2... then I just play on friends better spec consoles sometimes since i don't have the money for them. :p

Yeah, I'm a fan of the keyboard and mouse set-up for shooters. Like you say, it's the best for precision. That said, I don't mind shooters on consoles either.

I've been gaming for as long as I can remember. My very first games platform was the Sinclair ZX Spectrum + 2. It had only 128k of memory and the games were loaded using tapes (which usually took forever...accompanied by some very interesting noises...XD), but I have very fond memories of it. I still have it...somewhere.

Over the years, I have owned...

1) ZX Spectrum + 2
2) Commodore 64
3) NES (briefly)
4) Commodore Amiga 1200
5) Playstation
6) Playstation 2
7) GameCube
8) 360
9) Wii
10) PS3

I only have about 5 of those consoles now. In addition, I have an American PS2 for RPGs that were never released over here.

Due to Uni, I don't have as much time as I'd like to play games at the moment. I always make time to play online with one of my brothers, though. It's usually us two (and sometimes a random extra person) against whatever the AI throws at us. Our tactic is to stay somewhere safe (well, safe-ish), then wait for them to come to us. Great fun.

I usually play on either the PS3 (PSN ID: AdzPearson) or 360 (Gamertag: AdzXBL) at the moment. Lately, I've only been playing Uncharted 2 co-op or Borderlands co-op. I don't get a heck of a lot of time for other games (Uni drains most of it...;_; ), but I want to get round to Call of Duty 4 at some point (before moving onto Modern Warfare 2).

As for the kind of stuff I like playing online, I find Halo 2 or 3 a lot of fun. I also like Team Fortress 2 and Left 4 Dead on the PC. Anything team-based really. I've wandered away from all-against-all deathmatches recently (unless it's against my fellow students in one of the Uni computer rooms).

I play games more often on college vacations, but on 360 I play halo 3 and modern warfare 2, not all that great at it, but its fun. My gamertag is raiimonarch.

New Threads

Top Bottom