• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

HI

volleyballgirl

My name is Katie and I'm from Canada, 20 years old. I've been diagnosed with Aspergers since I was 3 years old. So pretty young.

I didn't grow up being throw in my face I had it by my parents, but I did have social therapy, brain scans and stuff. And I went to normal schools and classes.

My main issues have always making and keeping friends, my nerves, dealing with people/crowds/mingling, moods and short attention span going from interest to interest.

Also with getting to sleep (night owl), and some spelling and language issues.

Interests that have stayed constant throughout the years are reading, sports and cards (not as strongly though). Tv shows and everything else tends to go in waves.

The reason I joined this forum is I'm just tired of my life, and hoping maybe to get some support with people who are similar to who I am. .

The short story is, either I can't make friends because I'm too shy, or people just find better people to hang with, or just don't even seem to attempt to be friends with me. Or if actually mange to make friends, they eventually get mad at me or ditch me or just been bullied flat out. Doesn't matter what age I was, where I was. I can't say I've had a single friend in my life who I've never trusted really or even a close friend. Then on top of that, the other parts of Aspergers just slowly annoying me to death.

Then my career and future. I'm in university now and this is my 3 year and I feel stuck. I don't have any interest that sticks or works for any jobs or fields.. So I can't even bury myself into my passion.

So I'm hoping maybe I'll find some peace among this forum. sorry for the life story and complaining.

Look forward to getting to know people. :)

Welcome to AC! Its nice to meet you. I hope you find us supportive and that you find lots of people to talk to and hang out with at least here. A lot of us have the social issues you describe and its nice to get lots of experiences from a lot of different people. Welcome Welcome!!!! :)

New Threads

Top Bottom