• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi! I'm Tyler.

Yeah, I do good with visual problems but when it comes to doing word problems, my brain starts spinning and my mind shuts off, leaving me not knowing how to do the problem. I have always had the most amount of trouble with word problems. I guess I'll have to break it down mentally into steps so I can understand what to do.

Exactly, every word problem can be broken down into steps, but for that you have to find an individual rule for each of them. You can achieve this while practicing, trying different solving paths.

Yeah, that would probably be helpful for me. I'm also stressed out due to having 10 classes this year at school.

Hey there! I'm Tyler, 17 year old male and I have Asperger's. I don't really have many friends as people think I'm too eccentric and clingy but whenever I try making friends, I feel a warmth of happiness. :) I'm into music, art, technology, math and science. I hope I can have a friend with the same interests as me.

Welcome, Tyler! Hooray music! I am a classically-trained musician myself. I play bassoon. Which genres are you interested in? I love electronic dance music and most rock and classic rock. Oh, and anything 90's. I was born in the late 80's, that's why. :tongueclosed: My favorite band is Avenged Sevenfold (I hate the new album though... too different!)

I'm 8 years out of high school. High school was so much better than middle school when it came to peer acceptance of my AS diagnosis. I am high functioning, but no one is perfect. "What's sarcasm?!" kept happening to me. :/ Thankfully college helped with that. HAH!

Please enjoy your stay. There are some awesome people here. :wink:

Thanks Anne! :) I play piano and drums but the drums are too loud for me at times. I like EDM, techno, electroclash, eurodisco, pop, rock, R&B, D'n'B (drums and bass), hip hop, trap, jazz, reggae and dance pop. I was born in 1997, lol! I'm high functioning myself but I still don't get a grasp on sarcasm :p I always have trouble with it. I already love it here!!! There are lots of amazing people.

Thanks Anne! :) I play piano and drums but the drums are too loud for me at times. I like EDM, techno, electroclash, eurodisco, pop, rock, R&B, D'n'B (drums and bass), hip hop, trap, jazz, reggae and dance pop. I was born in 1997, lol! I'm high functioning myself but I still don't get a grasp on sarcasm :p I always have trouble with it. I already love it here!!! There are lots of amazing people.
Oh yeah, we're going to get along great then. I'm going to see Porter Robinson in a week and a half, actually!

I hope we can be friends though. I already lost a lot due to them being self-centered pricks... Always thinking about themselves and never thinking that they're making me sad when they tell me they want to contact me no longer. Oh, I was planning on seeing Lady Gaga this summer for my late 17th birthday but I didn't get to. :(

New Threads

Top Bottom