• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi, I'm Sara

Hi Sara :)

welcome to af.png

I just cut someone off like 2 hours ago. And that made me feel really sad. I tought he could be my friend. I just don't wanna talk to him anymore. I already blocked any comunication with him.

Thanks for talking to me. I hope we can talk again.
I'm back. Yes so you have cut someone off again, I know how painful this can be. Are you in pain because you are not sure if you did the right thing? If you culling users well you are learning and growing which is a good thing. If you are not sure, well then there may be other solutions and people here can offer alternatives support and hope.

Hi Sara. I feel your pain. I’m going through a lot right now too. Are you in the uk? Xx much love to you x

I'm back. Yes so you have cut someone off again, I know how painful this can be. Are you in pain because you are not sure if you did the right thing? If you culling users well you are learning and growing which is a good thing. If you are not sure, well then there may be other solutions and people here can offer alternatives support and hope.

I was worried I was going to end up alone. But, in this case, I think I did the right thing because he lied many times. I was thinking about other similar situations in the past and I'm afraid I commited mistakes. Actually, I will never know what was going through their minds.

I've read some posts and I'm surprised at how much I relate to many situations. I am also reading the advices people give. Also, many people have talked to me here and I find it helpful.

I am feeling better. Thanks! I've read some posts and I found many people going through very similar problems!

Hi Sara3. I'm new to this forum also and like you I am having a real hard time dealing with this life. I've always been a recluse. Seems after 65 years one would become more accustomed to the way people treat one another but after I came here and received some replies from others, I realized just knowing that there are other people like me going through the same things, was a real comfort.

What are some of your interest? Others here have some very diverse interest and hobbies. Since retiring, my passion is photography. Also, when I get down I take comfort with my pets. Especially one of my wife's cats. It seems Tiger (photo below) who understands what I tell him, can "SEE" right through all my troubles. :D Glad you are feeling better!!!

Tiger With Glasses (1600x1067).jpg

Thanks! I'm having a lot of trouble understanding people's intentions towards me. And I think they misunderstand me all the time. I have a very hard time knowing when someone is making a joke. Someone I knew recently got tired of telling me he was joking when we were talking. I can say that people think I don't have sense of humor. I barely laugh nowadays. I'm really sad. I can't get any friends for real. Can someone tell me what to do?
Hi Sara! I totally understand about not relating to people’s intentions. I struggle some on if someone is actually joking with me since I take things too literally and not understanding if the person is upset or mad which I had lost some friends that way in the past. I’m especially bad over texting like when someone hasn’t texted me in over 6 hours I felt like I have done or said something wrong for someone to not talk to me.
This all goes back to during middle school and part of high school I didn’t have much in the way of any friends nor did I socialize much so I didn’t have that foundation of establishing friendships knowing what that was like frequently until college which I’m still attending. I been bullied often in middle school and some of high school physically and emotionally a lot because hey I’m different than everyone else. I had almost committed suicide during high school all because I have something wrong with me that no one else had and I couldn’t stand the state of depression I was in, feeling I never fit in and not understanding certain things I was in. At At this age I’m in my early 20s I realize I shouldn’t care what other people think of me or people’s intentions just knowing I want to live the best way possible in my life and knowing there will be people who care for you no matter what may be going on with you personally!
I’m glad you are feeling better!

Hi Sara3. I'm new to this forum also and like you I am having a real hard time dealing with this life. I've always been a recluse. Seems after 65 years one would become more accustomed to the way people treat one another but after I came here and received some replies from others, I realized just knowing that there are other people like me going through the same things, was a real comfort.

What are some of your interest? Others here have some very diverse interest and hobbies. Since retiring, my passion is photography. Also, when I get down I take comfort with my pets. Especially one of my wife's cats. It seems Tiger (photo below) who understands what I tell him, can "SEE" right through all my troubles. :D Glad you are feeling better!!!

View attachment 49121

You have a lot of knowledge to share! I'm 26 so I still need to learn many things!

Actually, one of my interests is cats. I had two cats and when I first got them I started researching everything about their behavior and likes.
I also did toys and hard cardboard scratchers for them. I felt very sad when my knowledge wasn't enough to solve some problems, like territorial behavior. The oldest cat is named Iris and the youngest cat is Inés. They live in a farm now because I wanted them to be happier. This is a picture of Iris, looking serious as always. :D

Attachments

• 20161128_195649-1.jpg
    20161128_195649-1.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 0
Hi Sara! I totally understand about not relating to people’s intentions. I struggle some on if someone is actually joking with me since I take things too literally and not understanding if the person is upset or mad which I had lost some friends that way in the past. I’m especially bad over texting like when someone hasn’t texted me in over 6 hours I felt like I have done or said something wrong for someone to not talk to me.
This all goes back to during middle school and part of high school I didn’t have much in the way of any friends nor did I socialize much so I didn’t have that foundation of establishing friendships knowing what that was like frequently until college which I’m still attending. I been bullied often in middle school and some of high school physically and emotionally a lot because hey I’m different than everyone else. I had almost committed suicide during high school all because I have something wrong with me that no one else had and I couldn’t stand the state of depression I was in, feeling I never fit in and not understanding certain things I was in. At At this age I’m in my early 20s I realize I shouldn’t care what other people think of me or people’s intentions just knowing I want to live the best way possible in my life and knowing there will be people who care for you no matter what may be going on with you personally!
I’m glad you are feeling better!
I was bullied too. Not physically but mentally. I understand your pain and I agree with you, friends are the ones that understand and care about us!

I was worried I was going to end up alone. But, in this case, I think I did the right thing because he lied many times. I was thinking about other similar situations in the past and I'm afraid I commited mistakes. Actually, I will never know what was going through their minds.

I've read some posts and I'm surprised at how much I relate to many situations. I am also reading the advices people give. Also, many people have talked to me here and I find it helpful.
I think if you read some of my threads you might feel a little better? Maybe? We seem to a lot in common especially in terms of all this being new. It’s confusing, frustrating and very emotional for me. Thankfully today was a good day. It was my youngest daughters 11th birthday and we went to the cinema and dinner and everyone was happy. I don’t ask for much. Just for no one to be mean to me. Anything mean or bullyish just de-rails me. I’m incredibly fragile and I hate it but they’re my kids so I can’t avoid it and I wouldn’t want to. I love them too much. I wish I was stronger and I wish I could be want they want me to be but I am what I am. Anyway. Today was a good day. No dramas. I’m grateful for that. I’m glad my daughter had a good birthday. That makes me very happy xx

I think if you read some of my threads you might feel a little better? Maybe? We seem to a lot in common especially in terms of all this being new. It’s confusing, frustrating and very emotional for me. Thankfully today was a good day. It was my youngest daughters 11th birthday and we went to the cinema and dinner and everyone was happy. I don’t ask for much. Just for no one to be mean to me. Anything mean or bullyish just de-rails me. I’m incredibly fragile and I hate it but they’re my kids so I can’t avoid it and I wouldn’t want to. I love them too much. I wish I was stronger and I wish I could be want they want me to be but I am what I am. Anyway. Today was a good day. No dramas. I’m grateful for that. I’m glad my daughter had a good birthday. That makes me very happy xx
Everytime I read a reply in this forum I learn something new and I feel better. I'm impressed by the numbers of replies so far! I feel like what I have to say is important. Also, Tanyax, it is amazing to have someone at your side. In my case, I want to improve for myself and for the most important person in my life, my dad. He is not living with me. But I look forward to talk to him. We used to fight a lot and we had to learn to listen to each other. I'm happy that you are very close to your kids. I just can't imagine how beatiful it is to be a mom. It is a very strong bond and the most beautiful form of love. We must keep on fighting against all odds. And yes, people who have never experienced life like us can be rude and insensitive because they are ignorant. I've just noticed it recently. They can even mock our way of thinking.
What I really needed was to meet more people and I just ended up here, in the right place. It means a lot to me to be able to talk to people in other parts of the world. Tanyax, I also want you and your kids to be very very happy. Thanks for taking your time and replying to me.

Everytime I read a reply in this forum I learn something new and I feel better. I'm impressed by the numbers of replies so far! I feel like what I have to say is important. Also, Tanyax, it is amazing to have someone at your side. In my case, I want to improve for myself and for the most important person in my life, my dad. He is not living with me. But I look forward to talk to him. We used to fight a lot and we had to learn to listen to each other. I'm happy that you are very close to your kids. I just can't imagine how beatiful it is to be a mom. It is a very strong bond and the most beautiful form of love. We must keep on fighting against all odds. And yes, people who have never experienced life like us can be rude and insensitive because they are ignorant. I've just noticed it recently. They can even mock our way of thinking.
What I really needed was to meet more people and I just ended up here, in the right place. It means a lot to me to be able to talk to people in other parts of the world. Tanyax, I also want you and your kids to be very very happy. Thanks for taking your time and replying to me.

Looks like you came to the right place. Welcome to AF. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom