• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi, I'm Sara

Hi Sarah, welcome . Are you new here? I'm not feeling good today either .we can Cheer each other up

Welcome to the Forums! I hope you make new friends and enjoy your stay in the process!

Thanks! I'm having a lot of trouble understanding people's intentions towards me. And I think they misunderstand me all the time. I have a very hard time knowing when someone is making a joke. Someone I knew recently got tired of telling me he was joking when we were talking. I can say that people think I don't have sense of humor. I barely laugh nowadays. I'm really sad. I can't get any friends for real. Can someone tell me what to do?

Hi clg, hi isadoorian. Hi Beach life. I am eager to talk and listen too. What is making you sad?

Thanks! I'm having a lot of trouble understanding people's intentions towards me. And I think they misunderstand me all the time. I have a very hard time knowing when someone is making a joke. Someone I knew recently got tired of telling me he was joking when we were talking. I can say that people think I don't have sense of humor. I barely laugh nowadays. I'm really sad. I can't get any friends for real. Can someone tell me what to do?

I can relate to you on your last 2 points; I rarely laugh unless something funny happens or I'm watching something funny and I have little to no friends any more.

Also, I'm more or less never truly happy anymore; I think the last time I was, was maybe before my one cousin attempted to commit suicide in 2011 or so... any happiness I feel nowadays is practically temporary

I realky feel for you Sarah.
I completely relate to the part about being sad. Genuine friendships are hard to come by. I just want genuine acceptance and understanding too. I know I can be a fiercly loyal friend and have had huge problems in not being g able to filter out people who are taking advantage of me. You will enjoy it here...I do. It's providing me with a sense of belonging and that's a magical sprinkle of hope :)

Isadoorian, I'm so sorry that you had sad experiences. My uncle commited suicide a long time ago but it still haunts me. I was too little to help him. Sometimes we just need someone who can listen and give us comfort.

Hi clg, hi isadoorian. Hi Beach life. I am eager to talk and listen too. What is making you sad?
Thanks sweetie, you seem lovely.
Well I'm newly diagnosed and just coming to terms with everything. When I was masking, I was a popular girl about town, heaps of friends and opportunities. I suppose they weren't really friends but it's confusing because they seemed to really love me. now that I try to only allow healthy and genuine people into my life, I'm pretty much alone. Ive posted on this recently...I guess I'm just working it all out after a pretty recent diagnosis. I hope you feel better after talking here

Beach life, I immediately react when I feel threatened, used. I just cut any contact. I think it is not the best way to deal with it but what else can i do :( Also I'm happy you are loyal. We need more people like you.

I realky feel for you Sarah.
I completely relate to the part about being sad. Genuine friendships are hard to come by. I just want genuine acceptance and understanding too. I know I can be a fiercly loyal friend and have had huge problems in not being g able to filter out people who are taking advantage of me. You will enjoy it here...I do. It's providing me with a sense of belonging and that's a magical sprinkle of hope :)
I also want people to be genuine. I get mad when they lie. But the problem is when I say what I truly feel they get mad at me.

Beach life, I immediately react when I feel threatened, used. I just cut any contact. I think it is not the best way to deal with it but what else can i do :( Also I'm happy you are loyal. We need more people like you.
And you too. I have done that too. I have cut people as well. When were you diagnosed? Have you read up about the way females on the spectrum often fall victim to users? Tony Attwood did a great talk on it its on YouTube. There are positives believe it or not. Once people realise how real we are, they will never have to second guess our motives :)

I also want people to be genuine. I get mad when they lie. But the problem is when I say what I truly feel they get mad at me.
Ohhhh do I hear you there. Completely relate 100 %. Ive heard it said tjT we just need to find more friends on the spectrum. I hope to meet some friends in life as well as online one day, try to go to conferences etc.

I want to give you constructive advice since that's what you asked for. Are they really using you? If they are it's good you are cutting them off. I have to go, will chat again here soon

Ohhhh do I hear you there. Completely relate 100 %. Ive heard it said tjT we just need to find more friends on the spectrum. I hope to meet some friends in life as well as online one day, try to go to conferences etc.
What is making me really sad is that our countrys health system is not helping me. I had huge problems to get the diagnosis for endometriosis which is currently and, finally, diagnosed. It caused me terrible pain. Now for asperger im finding it to be harder. They told me they could see me in 2 or 3 months. The solution I think, is to pay someone to make the diagnosis. But I have read a lot about it . I relate to asperger 100%.

And yes, thats why I'm here. To talk with people who can understand what I'm going through.

I want to give you constructive advice since that's what you asked for. Are they really using you? If they are it's good you are cutting them off. I have to go, will chat again here soon
I just cut someone off like 2 hours ago. And that made me feel really sad. I tought he could be my friend. I just don't wanna talk to him anymore. I already blocked any comunication with him.

Thanks for talking to me. I hope we can talk again.

Hi Sara - Welcome to a place where you don't have to worry about being yourself. Hope you're feeling better.

Hi Sara - Welcome to a place where you don't have to worry about being yourself. Hope you're feeling better.
I am feeling better. Thanks! I've read some posts and I found many people going through very similar problems!

New Threads

Top Bottom