• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi, I'm new to this site

Art-Lover74

Okay, let see how this works. What's up? My name is Kayla. I'm 23 years old and I'm a college student at a community college. I've had a lot of struggles and still do sometimes and some people don't understand Aspergers Syndrome. My dad said I was born with it, but I heard I got diagnosed when I was like 3 or four. High School was a challenge for me. I had a couple of friends and acquaintances. I felt left out sometimes and at times I don't or on days I just wanted to be by myself. Anyways, my favorite hobbies are acting, listening to music, hanging out with friends and family, being a goof, art, working out, singing (sometimes), sports and playing with my dog. I major is Special Education Elementary. My former teachers from elementary school inspired me to be a teacher and help learning disabled children prepared for the future. Awesome. :)

Hi! I'm new too...

Wow, you seem really happy. That's cool :)
I like how you want to help kids. I wish I could help people sometimes, but maybe i need it first.

Oh my gosh, another iteration of me (recent college graduate here)! Except I got diagnosed at twenty-one. Better late than never, right?

You are to be commended for wanting to work in special education. Goodness knows we need more teachers who understand how to instruct a child with learning difficulties/other disabilities without using abuse. (It's one of the education-related problems I hate the most. :furious:)

Welcome!

Welcome, Art-Lover74! I am an elementary school teacher too!!! It is great meeting another Aspie who is in the profession. With your Special Ed degree, I'm certain you will change many students' lives for the better as you are uniquely positioned to understand their challenges and concerns: not just the way a shrink or behaviour tech does, but as a person with insider knowledge.

New Threads

Top Bottom