• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi, I’m Ash :)

Ash22

My name is Ashley, but I prefer to go by Ash. I am a 19 yr old female who is trying to get tested for Autism. Unfortunately, I am running into difficulty with long wait lists, insurance, and out of pocket fees I cannot yet afford. Since it may take a while to get professionally tested, I figured it would be nice to find a supportive community. So I’ll tell you a little about myself.

I’ve suspected autism for a few years now. My suspicions were peaked when I learned how autism presents in women. I began researching and learning and suddenly, my life began to make sense. I’ve taken many self assessments and they all have indicated that I very well may be on the spectrum.

I struggle with black and white thinking, anxiety, depression, social anxiety, holding down a job, constant burn out, sensory difficulties, all or nothing mentality, and a good bit more but those are the issues that impact me the most.

Anyway, here’s some things about me:

1. I love dinosaurs
2. Tattoo and piercing lover
3. I love sfx makeup, and makeup in general
4. Chemistry nerd
5. Stuffed animal hoarder
6. Serious caffeine addict
7. 1 year and 1 month SH free
8. I LOVE music
9. Horror fan
10. My favorite color is lavender :)

1670548591475.png

Do you want to be the very best, like no one ever was?

Ok, you may be too young to get that reference...

Hello and welcome! Your list sounds very fascinating… I am sure you will find others here who share your interests.

I love old horror movies, tattoos, and music, too. There are many of us here that share music

7. 1 year and 1 month SH free
This is incredible. Keep it up, keep adding to this number. You can do it, a year and a month is very successful. I hope you feel proud of this.

Do you want to be the very best, like no one ever was?

Ok, you may be too young to get that reference...
Haha! Pokémon theme song? Pokémon is actually the reason I go by Ash
Hello and welcome! Your list sounds very fascinating… I am sure you will find others here who share your interests.

I love old horror movies, tattoos, and music, too. There are many of us here that share music

This is incredible. Keep it up, keep adding to this number. You can do it, a year and a month is very successful. I hope you feel proud of this.
I hope so, thanks! And old horror movies are certainly some of the best. And thank you, one of the hardest things I’ve ever done, if not the hardest, but I’m glad that chapter of my life is over.

Welcome! Feel free to participate as much or as little as you'd like - it's a friendly community here.

Welcome, Ash! :)
Like @Rodafina , I am very proud of you for reaching your SH-free milestone. I haven't relapsed in over a year either.
You got this, you can keep going! :)

I love makeup, tattoos, piercings, stuffed animals, caffeine, and music too!
And I do like lavender, all shades of purple are some of my favorite colors as well.

There are a lot of horror movie fans and music fans here!

Hi, many of your interests are shared here, or similar types. I have collected things lifelong and like sci-fi and some horror (monster/supernatural kind). Like dinosaurs and love coffee and music of several types. What is SH free?

Hi, many of your interests are shared here, or similar types. I have collected things lifelong and like sci-fi and some horror (monster/supernatural kind). Like dinosaurs and love coffee and music of several types. What is SH free?
That’s awesome! I collect Dinosaurs, rocks, and lots of random, small trinkets lol. SH free stands for self harm free :)

New Threads

Top Bottom