• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi, I'm a mom to two children, one with PDD-NOS and another with ADD/ODD

AidansMommy

Hi there, I'm a Mom of three young boys, ages 4, 6 and 8.

My 4 year old (so far) seems normal and well adjusted. My 6 year old suffers from PDD-NOS, ODD, Phonetical Disorder and ADD (combined type).

My 8 year old has ADD (combined type) and ODD.

My 6 year old's school had over a year with his IEP to work with him and figure out what was wrong...they tested him and he showed no signs of autism spectrum disorders in their opinion. A very qualified neuropsychiatrist thought the opposite. We're awaiting his ARD meeting with the school on Jan 11th. (Aidan).

Cole: Has ADD and ODD, but his Vyvanse appears to be wearing off too soon, or perhaps this is just his ODD getting out of hand, we're not sure which. He's on long acting Vyvanse, 20 mg, but we're becoming so exasperted with trying to keep him calm and focsued that it may be time to consider upping his med. I hate that. :( But he cannot sit still in the mornings and afternoons, picks fights, has temper tantrums, jumps off the walls practically. I can't get him to do his homework and his grades are suffering. He Vyvanse has helped slightly..but not enough.

Welcome to the community. We have a dedicated forum for parents of those on the spectrum located here. Feel free to share your experiences and views from a parent's perspective in there.

welcome-to-aspies-central.jpg

I'm glad to see you here. I know you from another place. :D

New Threads

Top Bottom