• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi. I'm a creative with Asperger looking for a job in Berlin, Germany.

Dear like-minded tribe,

I'm wondering, if anyone knows an employer in Berlin who'd like a Creative Director with Asperger?

Since I can recall, I was always "the weird/funny kid/guy" and attributed it to having parents who are complete opposites: a super conservative Austrian mom from a small mountain village and a hyperactive, fun Greek dad from an island who also has Italien-Turkish genes mixed in.

Thanks to the press surrounding Greta Thunberg in 2017, I first heard about Asperger and started looking into it, because it always felt like they described me, instead of her: too direct, too persistent, too honest, too rational, seeing through all the BS, etc.

After reading more and more into Asperger and consulting 2 doctors, I finally have clarity, which is a great relief.

Sadly, most advertising agencies nowadays are increasingly staffed with hyper-sensitive and vindictive people who care more about PC than doing the actual work – and will report you to HR, if you dare say one wrong word. No matter your Asperger condition.

That's why I'm asking and appreciate any help.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

I hope you're having an easier life with your condition.

Cheers,
E.K.

Hi friends,

@Crossbreed:

I'm not really counting on it and usually busy anyways, because "work always flows where its been done." – but since I love going the extra mile, I thought give it a try.

@YabbaDabba:

Cheers.

@all who live in or visit Berlin:

1. I'm also open to meet in person for a coffee or lunch.

2. Anyone got experience, if it's a good idea to seek for a like-minded partner?

Or does it only work, if the Asperger divergence is similar in both lovers?

Or is it risky, because kids might turn out to become vegetables?

Single, smart and grown-up ladies can hit me up, if that's what you're looking for:

www.instagram.com/autoplay_baby/

1673539386369.png

Hello and welcome. There is a variety of things to do here on the forum. Games, discussions, research, support. Check it out, we’re a friendly bunch.

Welcome!

There are an increasing number of organizations that work with getting those on the spectrum into appropriate employment, though the types of jobs connected to do tend to skew towards certain types of work (notably programming and data analysis). But even organizations that might not specialize in what you're into might have leads if you ask them - you never know if you don't ask! :)

Welcome.
Today l felt like a vegetable. Right now l feel like French Fries.
Tomorrow l hope l feel less plant-like and more furry panda.
Try a job search for Berlin companies who welcome autism based employees perhaps? SAP is a German based IT company who welcomes us. Currently, Germany faces a major work shortage according to latest news, so you may have more opportunities then you realize.

Welcome.
Today l felt like a vegetable. Right now l feel like French Fries.
Tomorrow l hope l feel less plant-like and more furry panda.
Try a job search for Berlin companies who welcome autism based employees perhaps? SAP is a German based IT company who welcomes us. Currently, Germany faces a major work shortage according to latest news, so you may have more opportunities then you realize.

Thanks.

I'm well aware of the German situation and am in no shortage of work, because I love what I do.

I also undertook your steps and googled, but currently mostly detail-oriented tech companies value autistic people.

Sadly and especially advertising agencies with touchy-feely staff, don't give a rats ass, if you have problems decyphering the ever changing social codes and norms.

Most ad agencies only virtue signal, e.g. one time I worked at a place that had its "superior values" boldly stated on its website, asked me to recite them in my multiple job interviews and also hammered them in during onboarding meetings.

Then: my 1st project was pitch for a TV show from Amazon that celebrated drug use (Heroin), 2nd job was a pitch for a cheap booze brand, while the boss was vacationing on a sunny during Berlin winter and sleeping with a freelancer whom the agency paid (conflict of interest, anyone?!) – but I was called to HR on my 2nd week, because I used the wrong smily emoji in an open group chat to thank a colleague for their support.

And that's why most advertising is so adhorently bad, because agencies focus on the wrong issues.

Welcome!

There are an increasing number of organizations that work with getting those on the spectrum into appropriate employment, though the types of jobs connected to do tend to skew towards certain types of work (notably programming and data analysis). But even organizations that might not specialize in what you're into might have leads if you ask them - you never know if you don't ask! :)

Yeah.

Thanks.

See my above reply to other member.

Creative workplaces mostly only virtue signal, but in real-life don't truly care.

Sad.

Bigly.

New Threads

Top Bottom