• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi from JB2018

JB2018

Glad I found this site and hope to learn about other's experiences with living on the spectrum. When I was growing up it was considered a good thing for a girl to be shy. As an adult, I was diagnosed with General Anxiety Disorder but didn't really fit much of the criteria -- it was just a convenient label, I think. Never been on meds or anything, just learned good coping skills which have really helped.
And I've been a nerd all my life. So I took an Asperger's test and placed high on it.
I'm on over-50 sites too, but wanted to spend some time here and meet others who might better understand.
Looking forward to reading and learning, especially with others in my general age range, if possible.
Thanks for reading!

welcome.png

Hi JB I hope you enjoy it here! Yes I know that 'shyness', worked for many years on mine, till I realised thats not what it was. There's plenty of ideas and information here and people are kind and helpful. Good to hear your a nerd, think you'll find a few more here too! :smilecat:

:peach::pear::redapple::greenapple::lemon::tangerine::strawberry::cherries::maize::cherries::strawberry::tangerine::lemon::greenapple::tomato::pear::peach:

Hi JB I hope you enjoy it here! Yes I know that 'shyness', worked for many years on mine, till I realised thats not what it was. There's plenty of ideas and information here and people are kind and helpful. Good to hear your a nerd, think you'll find a few more here too! :smilecat:

:peach::pear::redapple::greenapple::lemon::tangerine::strawberry::cherries::maize::cherries::strawberry::tangerine::lemon::greenapple::tomato::pear::peach:
Thanks Thinx!

Thanks for the several replies, much appreciated! I'll check out the forum topics and add an avatar to my profile (a virtual settling in I guess :) )

IMG_0626.JPG
Glad I found this site and hope to learn about other's experiences with living on the spectrum. When I was growing up it was considered a good thing for a girl to be shy. As an adult, I was diagnosed with General Anxiety Disorder but didn't really fit much of the criteria -- it was just a convenient label, I think. Never been on meds or anything, just learned good coping skills which have really helped.
And I've been a nerd all my life. So I took an Asperger's test and placed high on it.
I'm on over-50 sites too, but wanted to spend some time here and meet others who might better understand.
Looking forward to reading and learning, especially with others in my general age range, if possible.
Thanks for reading!

Thanks for reading!
Welcome, JB2018! I'm new, too. Would you share some of those "over-50" sites you mention? I'm newly diagnosed and looking for information and support across platforms. Thank you! And welcome.:):blossom:

Welcome, JB2018! I'm new, too. Would you share some of those "over-50" sites you mention? I'm newly diagnosed and looking for information and support across platforms. Thank you! And welcome.:):blossom:
Hi IxchelAspie! I'm on Buzz50, which is great fun, and SeniorForums, also fun -- a little less dramatic, more homey (sp?).
Both of them have members who have known each other for years; they are very welcoming to new members.
I have made some friends, but still feel a little of the same kind of outsider-ness that I do in real life and wondered if there was a site for adult Aspies. Here it is!

Hi IxchelAspie! I'm on Buzz50, which is great fun, and SeniorForums, also fun -- a little less dramatic, more homey (sp?).
Both of them have members who have known each other for years; they are very welcoming to new members.
I have made some friends, but still feel a little of the same kind of outsider-ness that I do in real life and wondered if there was a site for adult Aspies. Here it is!
Thank you so kindly!:cherryblossom:

Welcome JB2018.
I'm a senior over 50+
Just diagnosed two years ago.
Pretty nerdy too. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom