• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi Everyone I just joined

Thinx

V.I.P Member
I think I m Asp tho possibly wouldn't get a diagnosis. Already read some very interesting threads here and keen to read more. I hope to join in but I am more of a listener than a talker, maybe that'll change. I'm very interested in understanding autism and Aspergers I found this site as my sister (also asp) and I were discussing our parents having been Asp father and Narcissistic mother and wondering about it. They didn't get along well and we had an abiding sense of being an audience for them, growing up. When we went away to universities they split up.

All many years ago now but we only understood about autistic traits recently in the last few years think it's commonly hidden in people brought up as female. I came across autism in the course of my work and then started to realise aspects of it seemed familiar and may explain some enduring social challenges I have. Reading Aspergirls was enlightening and I ve done much more reading and research since. It's caused me to review what I thought I knew and who I thought I am.

But enough about me....;) Looking forward to hearing more of people's thoughts and ideas here.

welcome ,I'm the same as you have no idea I was autistic ,it was my GP who definitely said it and then I was diagnosed, it still doesn't seem real! as I thought it would be borderline personality disorder but that's a common mistake if you're female .

Hi oh I like Yr Avatar, I love cats. Yes it's disconcerting I think and I ve really had to search for information plus also try to reconfigure myself and the world as I knew it. I was reading Forgotten Aspies thread and that rings many bells for me. But I also have found it a help to know, a relief and a liberation in some ways, and a chance to try to be myself more, ideally without distress to others!

welcome.png

Hi Nitro I am glad to be here. When I was very young we had a Riley car your pic reminds me of! Yes Im old but think it was special even then!

Hi oh I like Yr Avatar, I love cats. Yes it's disconcerting I think and I ve really had to search for information plus also try to reconfigure myself and the world as I knew it. I was reading Forgotten Aspies thread and that rings many bells for me. But I also have found it a help to know, a relief and a liberation in some ways, and a chance to try to be myself more, ideally without distress to others!

Oops I reposted something not sure how I did that but meant to start a new reply saying hi to you all who have greeted me thank you. And goodnight. :confused:

New Threads

Top Bottom