• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi Everybody.

allan619

Hi Everybody,

Did you just say "Hi Dr Nick" in your head? I know I did.

Anyway, I'm 34 years old and I've always felt like I'm different to other people, as if the way I think is different to how other people think. I thought I was depressed for a long time but although my mood has been extremely low at times, depression just didn't fit, I was more confused than depressed. A few years ago, during Autism awareness month, I saw something on the BBC about Asperger Syndrome and I couldn't believe what I was hearing, it was like my whole life suddenly made sense, it was very overwhelming. I started to research AS more and more which initially made me feel good, finally figuring out what was different about me but it has been quite a while now since I discovered AS and my life hasn't changed in the way I naively thought it would.

So I decided to write about it. I’ve written a large blog about it which is hosted on Blogspot, I’m not sure what the rules are here about posting links so I won’t post it but if there is anybody in a similar position to me, which I assume there probably is, the please get in touch and I’ll give you the link.

I hope to meet some great people and read some great posts on here.

upload_2018-12-13_10-43-57.png

Hello Allan and welcome.

I'm sure we'd all love to take a look at your blog. The rules here also permit you to put one link to your page in your signature. The spam rules here are fair but they are enforced.

New Threads

Top Bottom