• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi! A little about myself...

sixpakal

Hello,

Real name is Alex. I'm a 24 year old male from Ohio, USA who currently feels as if he is filling out a ad in the personals section. I've been diagnosed with aspergers syndrome since I was about 7 or 8 along with bipolar disorder. On top of that I might have schizophrenia, started hearing voices earlier this year but not officially diagnosed yet.

The reason I joined this forum is that because I have so much going against me in my head I wanted to have a better sense of what role the aspergers plays. But more important than that, I wish to get to know at least one other person that is going through similar hardships that I am. In my area I'm the only one that I know of with any form of autism. It would be nice to say that I've at least talked to someone else who knows what it's like.

Outside of my ...illnesses? I'm a pretty big self proclaimed nerd. I love working on computers (mainly linux related), have a huge interest in progressive rock music, play a lot of retro video games, and recently started to get serious about writing. I'm a newly wed, haven't completed my first year with my wife yet. And that's all I think I should say before I ramble.

Also, a word of warning. I like to attach myself to forums if I like the community. You'll either see a lot more of me in the next few weeks or nothing from me. Anyways, glad to be here!

G'Day and welcome to aspiescentral.com, your going to find plenty of information here about Aspergers so feel free to look around and I hope you do decide to stay ; ]

Welcome to Aspie Central! I'm sure you will find many individuals here struggling with some of the same difficulties as you.
Good luck! see you around the forum :)

Hi Alex! Welcome to AC. Come dip your toes in the water its nice and warm and there are lots of people here to be supportive. We're a great place to share and be supported and get information. Welcome!!! :)

Welcome!

I was diagnosed with schizophrenia too at some point, for hearing stuff that nobody else could hear. Took me years to realize that I'm just sensitive to sounds. A TV on the next house and I kinda hear somebody is talking on *this* house. Everything else, Linux, Computers, Rock... you name it, I have it. Sadly, back in the 70's Asperger's was not known. Can't begin to tell you how difficult it was to live knowing you are different but not knowing how/why. Now I know, it's starting to get better. But I'm almost 40 years old. Lost so many years looking for answers...

Hi Alex.

Welcome to Aspies Central.

I am somewhat like you, I am always involved in a community, either people get to see a lot of me, or don't see me at all.

But after 2 years after this forum was founded, I am still here (though with some breaks) and I am still very happy with AC.

Have fun :D

Hello Alex and a warm welcome to Aspies Central community.
The information here are useful and we all can relate to problems easily.
With so many topics, I hope you will find them all very useful. :)

Hi there! I almost missed the welcome committee! Glad you found us, hope you like it here! There are many computer nerds among us. Stick around & get to know everyone!

New Threads

Top Bottom