• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

hey you - rate me

Aspychata

Serenity waves, beachy vibes
V.I.P Member
As a spectrum gifted or not person, would we come up with "Rate how attractive l am compared to others" or are we more likely to come up with "Rate how weird and obessive l am compared to others", what's your take? Of course l only ask this in a scientific speculation mode, but l want to hear from you.

My take? Neither.

I'm not particularly keen in comparing myself to much of anyone whatever the benchmark might be. Being on the spectrum, the odds are that most people will never truly understand me even if they wanted to.

You might check out a number of threads in our forum that all have to do with one's IQ score. Another benchmark that receives a lot of attention, yet yields very little benefit IMO. ;)

@BraidedPony Totally like your avatar. I really like your login name. My avatar is a female artist out of Minnesota. I goggled annabomb artist minnesota and her site came up. l wish she had more art. She is attending art college. l met her at some street fair and she is great to talk too.

Maybe its more of a rate how well im doing in life. With my "quirks".
While waiting for my super powers to come in. :D

Between the two choices I would go with the second. I don't like comparing myself to others, but I do it often and it's always - they handle things better than I do, they're a better person than I am, they're a better mom than I am and so on.

@Fino l find it fascinating to hear about people, as a writer who needs to come up with characters that we somehow identify with but have one loveable quirk that we have never encountered. The more we bring this in storylines, the more we cut down on bullies in the schools, because we need to celebrate uniqueness with clever stories that are etched into our psyche.

Actions and attitudes are the most telling traits of people. That's what I try to rely on not how they look or whether or not they are weird.

Actions and attitudes are the most telling traits of people. That's what I try to rely on not how they look or whether or not they are weird.

I like to throw caution to the wind and just throw it out there to see what comes back. Some people figured out this post was pure humor, some people took it more seriously which was fine.

I like to throw caution to the wind and just throw it out there to see what comes back. Some people figured out this post was pure humor, some people took it more seriously which was fine.

Whoops! I have to be told, "This is a joke," at the start of anything meant to be funny. :oops::rolleyes::p

Whoops! I have to be told, "This is a joke," at the start of anything meant to be funny. :oops::rolleyes::p
Same with me.
When someone says something I take it seriously.
Same for myself with humor. I always let it be known this is a joke before I tell it.

Me: "So, how weird am I, on a scale of 1 to 10? You know, with all my odd interests and obsessions?"

Friend: "Eh... I dunno, maybe a 6"

Me: "What? Ugh... that's nowhere near high enough. I guess it's the right time to start building that plastic flamingo museum"

Friend: "Okay, maybe I miscalculated"

Me: "So, how weird am I, on a scale of 1 to 10? You know, with all my odd interests and obsessions?"

Me: "What? Ugh... that's nowhere near high enough. I guess it's the right time to start building that plastic flamingo museum"

Love that response. It is funny to rate how weird we are compared to other people on the spectrum. We could just have a spectrum test of totally weird things on it, and if you check more than 5, your are on the spectrum in all your glory.

Kirk: Spock, on a scale of one to ten, how would you rate yourself?
Spock: That's a highly illogical question, Captain.
Kirk: Oh come on, Spock. Don't be a Vulcan party pooper!
Spock: Very well, Captain. On a scale of one to ten? 9.467234992.
Kirk: Never mind.

I would like there to be a flamingo museum. It could be very interesting.

l want a divorce museum, like the first recorded divorce. The most ridiculous, the most expensive, the gift shop would be hilarious.

Kirk: Spock, on a scale of one to ten, how would you rate yourself?
Spock: That's a highly illogical question, Captain.
Kirk: Oh come on, Spock. Don't be a Vulcan party pooper!
Spock: Very well, Captain. On a scale of one to ten? 9.467234992.
Kirk: Never mind.

Where's Bones?

New Threads

Top Bottom