• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hey there say there...

Paige Turner

Hi, I'm Paige.
I'm a live animal that can walk on two legs and talk.
Like you and the other primates, I feel the mammalian mating instinct. Non-autistics call it "love."

Valedictorian of the state university computer science dept. I won't say which one because I was stalked through that path once.

My hobby: astrophysics and 4D Reimannian spacetimes.

All of that ain't fo' sheet, though. It's just somewhere beautiful to go where I can escape the universal ugliness for a little while.

I am, of course, alone there.

I walked off my gizmo-building nuc job (where I won two awards) because I just can't endure normal people. They have these hopelessly complex, pointless social rules that you MUST know.

I don't trust anyone, anywhere about anything. Outside college, everybody tells lies like they can't control it. And both men and women will suddenly turn on you like a rabies dog, for absolutely no reason. (Well, the reason is invisible to me). Half the humans hate you if you're smart and the other half hate you if you're "cute," and most hate you for both reasons. They'll deny it through forced smiles and gritted teeth, though.

I'm never going to a job again. The hell with IT. I lived in a cave for 3 years. Now I live in a group house where my rent is servicing their academic needs.

Wish List:
  • World peace. Ain't happnin'.
  • That everybody else was smart, too.
That's even less likely.​
  • That I didn't care about being so alone.
  • That you'd stop mistaking my vulnerability for credulity or stupidity.
You can't fool me because I don't believe anyone. And stupid? HAH! If I was stupid, I'd be happy. Instead, I'm damned by god to understand everything and control nothing.

If past is indeed prologue, I'll be thrown out of here and not know why, even when I'm helpful, always polite, and don't talk about sex.

Why do I deserve such hate? I dunno; you tell me. You're the one who knows.

Now go away before I call the police.

--lkt

Last edited:
Hello & welcome, @Paige Turner...
full

full
(With that login name, you must lead a really exciting life...!)

Hi and welcome. I am fascinated by shiny things and all that is peculiar.

I am fascinated with glare on glass and reflections. I never graduated from high school. I flounder about and wonder about things mostly. This one is part of the astrolabe project. I am trying to see celestial movements in the glass. It's never worked right, or else the camera fails, or the phone rings or something. I took a bunch more pics on a tablet. Too clumsy to do data migration. 6 legacy systems. Hundreds of pics. No clue what it really means.
20201206_113347.jpg

Hi, I'm Paige.
Like you and the other primates, I feel the mammalian mating instinct. Non-autistics call it "love."

Valedictorian of the state university computer science dept. I won't say which one because I was stalked through that path once.

All of that ain't fo' sheet, though. It's just somewhere beautiful to go where I can escape the universal ugliness for a little while.

I walked off my gizmo-building nuc job (where I won two awards) because I just can't endure normal people. They have these hopelessly complex, pointless social rules that you MUST know.

I don't trust anyone, anywhere about anything. Outside college, everybody tells lies like they can't control it. And both men and women will suddenly turn on you like a rabies dog, for absolutely no reason. (Well, the reason is invisible to me). Half the humans hate you if you're smart and the other half hate you if you're "cute," and most hate you for both reasons. They'll deny it through forced smiles and gritted teeth, though.

I'm never going to a job again. The hell with IT. I lived in a cave for 3 years. Now I live in a group house where my rent is servicing their academic needs.

Wish List:
You can't fool me because I don't believe anyone. And stupid? HAH! If I was stupid, I'd be happy. Instead, I'm damned by god to understand everything and control nothing.

If past is indeed prologue, I'll be thrown out of here and not know why, even when I'm helpful, always polite, and don't talk about sex.

--lkt
I'm human(not neurotypical) not even related to a chimpanzee (we can agree to disagree),but they are more trust worthy than humans with any neurological state !tired stopping

Well, that was an entertaining intro. I’m new too. Lots of venting and ranting to do. Don’t even have the patience for grammar anymore, so dropping subjects from my sentences. Reminds me of Heinlein’s The Moon is a Harsh Mistress, one of the few works of fiction I could stand to read.

You introduce yourself, I start rambling. That’s my way of saying “oh hey, you’re engaging”. I don’t think we should put punctuation in quotations if it’s syntactically independent of the the utterance being quoted (see prior sentence). Again, fighting my own little self-defeating war against grammar. Charge!

bye

Hi there, I do hope you were being intentionally ?wry? in your intro because I laughed out loud, I wouldnt want it to be at you, of course
I can so relate. As can many here!
Hope you enjoy it as much as I do as a place to just let your hair down and be yourself. Totally supportive place, even when we disagree.
See you around :)

Hi, I'm Paige.

Wish List:

--lkt

@Paige Turner, great introduction. You’re smart, cute, direct and to the point. Those are great attributes. I would suggest that you not give up entirely, because when you least expect it you will meet the right person.

It’s nice making your acquaintance. Welcome to the forums!

Hi, I'm Paige.

Wish List:

--lkt

@Paige Turner, your introduction reminded me of the Saga Noren character in the Danish & Swedish police drama “The Bridge”. If you have not seen it, Series 1-3 are available of DVD from Amazon. I think you would relate to the character Saga.

Welcome. Hope you will find support here as I have.

I too have a dim view of humanity and at my most nihilistic see humanity as a geologic agent. We change the world that will eventually kill us. And I think the jury is still out regarding our intelligence and success. We have been genus Homo for 3 million years and still have 117 million years before we are as successful as Dinosaurs.

Last edited:
Like everything you stated. I am currently not working because l live in a state with many predatory males who harress older female senior citizens.

Welcome.

Like everything you stated. I am currently not working because l live in a state with many predatory males who harress older female senior citizens.

Welcome.
DAMN!!! In my life I felt that I wasn't a "real" man, and from your example I am so happy that I am not. My distaste for those creatures is boundless.

DAMN!!! In my life I felt that I wasn't a "real" man, and from your example I am so happy that I am not. My distaste for those creatures is boundless.

Think the pandemic created a whole new group of men on the prowl. Our state has the elder law on the books, so if a crime is committed against a senior, it's a felony. So relieved. Had no idea as a older female, l was a target.

Welcome to the group.

Another astrophysics fan here. Interesting subject.
And I don't trust anyone either.

Scientifically why do some us not feel the mating instinct?
And for those who do, I always said, "what's love got to do with it"?
Or sleeping together? You don't have to spend the night, let alone fall asleep.
And how can you make love? Odd ways of saying sex.
Just don't call the cops! Like your intro.

New Threads

Top Bottom