• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Here's an idea...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Droopy

Founder & Former Admin
V.I.P Member
Hey everyone,

What do you think of Aspies Central having a Content Management System (CMS)? Basically it's like the portal thing WP has before you reach the forums.

I was thinking of getting members to write articles and post AS/Autism related news. Would anyone be interested in this?

It's just an idea atm. We already have such a feature but it's currently switched off.

The idea would be to write articles on things that are AS/Autism related. For example:

Experiences with your condition
Thoughts on how AS/Autism is portrayed in the media
Thoughts on cures/causes
Posting of relevant news articles
Reaction to news articles
Tutorials/Guides/Info for those newly diagnosed
Thoughts/experiences with Special Needs Education

and so-on.

I already have a member who is interested in writing some articles. I am looking for a group of writers. You don't have to be dedicated but you would be expected to post news articles concerning AS/Autism at least once a week. Simply by posting a brief description/quote and then providing a link to the said article.

If you are interested in writing some articles and want to express your thoughts, opinions and experiences then this would be a great opportunity.

I am not interested in writing articles for anyone. Maybe when I write about my experiences for this one person that needed them, y'all might get a very censored version. Other than that, I am not in the mood to write articles right now.

I doubt anyone here finds my advice, experiences, or life style views useful to their life. :S

So I am not going to stop you guys from evolving the forums. Do what you can to make it evolve.

I won't mind the changes, just don't expect me to write any articles... Doubt anyone will read them anyways. >_<;

That member who is interested is me, btw.
I have made a thread about AS/AS friendships and I need info off you guys that I want to use to write the article with, so any info and experiences you give me will be much appreciated.

I could actually be interested in actually doing one about the successful autistics out there in the community to get the inspiring stories and also to get people thinking that they can actually succeed in the real world, they just have got to try and try and try.:geek:

This does actually pretty much mean interviewing them if I can manage to get a hold of them.

Yeah that's a great idea! I don't know if my writing is very good but I am always reading through psych research and looking for AS-related stuff in the news so I think I could do that! How long should they be?

I'm writing a paper for my ethics class on neuro-diversity so I could modify it for this! I'd love to do more dedicated articles but I could probably only do one per month if that's okay.
> Awhile ago I came across a study where they found that a high rate of girls with anorexia qualified for an AS diagnosis (something like 12%, i think). I'm starting a class on Anthro of body, so I could do my research project on that and write an article for here too!

@PanPaniscus
I'm really interested to see what you find out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom