• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Here's a wild adventure I had with help from an AI

I remember using AI Dungeon to try to live out my sexual fantasies one time.

It technically worked but it was kinda weird too.
When I used it a lot of scenarios randomly turned really sexual. I don't know if too many people made the bot do sexual things, but it was funny and also disturbing. lol

Omg I was thinking the same thing!

I have posted one of the short stories I started on before getting writer’s block somewhere on here. I’ll have to dig it up.

A lot of my story ideas involve a world that is set in a city like mine but how I wish it was like. Humans living alongside other sentient creatures like theraps (a term I created for a sentient therapsid even though technically humans are still therapsids), bars/clubs that play industrial metal instead of country music, “young gods” roaming in the background, Neuromancer-like cyberpunk tech, and other stuff.

When I used it a lot of scenarios randomly turned really sexual. I don't know if too many people made the bot do sexual things, but it was funny and also disturbing. lol

You’ll find lots of sex bots on Personality Forge but their AI is very primitive compared to AI Dungeon.

I tried the same scenario, here’s what I have so far.

Santa Claus has been planning to take over the North Pole for years. He has patiently waited for the elves to grow old and weak for his retribution. The time has come. Santa Claus and his naughty rag-tag army of elves, gnomes, fairies, dragons, candycane vampire elves, etc. now control the North Pole, but Santa knows that the North Pole can only remain his if he can conquer all of Kringle. To do this, Santa needs to take out two of his biggest competitors, the Easter Bunny and Jack Frost. Will you help Santa or fight back and help the elves?

You are Snowflake, a female fairy Ice master in the world of Kringle. You control ice magic and use it to defend Candy Town from Santa and his army of elves, gnomes, and fairies. You've come to Candy Town because it's the only place in Kringle where you can learn magic.

The town's old wizard (who hated elves) left the book behind, explaining how to use it. You must learn how to use the book to help defend your allies from the endless hordes of evil.

> You hide in the snowy rainbow bushes outside the entrance to Candy Town, stealthily keeping watch.
Gnomes! They must be working for Santa. You can hear them shouting as they march in formation. What are they doing here? Should you help the gnomes to get technology to stop the elves?

> You freeze them all in place with your ice magic and go alert the Candy Guard.
Shaking off the effects of your ice blast, you run towards Candy Guard Captain's house in the direction of the Candy Guard barracks. You see elves and gnomes fighting side by side, but the elves are winning.

> You fly over the battlefield, small snowflakes falling from your wings. You hover over a group of gnomes and elves, obscuring their vision with snow.
A fairy you don't recognize runs up to you.
"Snowflake? Is that you?"
You nod, still hovering.
"What the heck are you doing?"
"I might ask you the same."

> You say "I'm trying to keep these people from killing each other before the Candy Guard gets here. "
Your friend snorts, and you feel her push you away.

> You sigh and increase the blizzard of snow falling onto the fighters below.
You create a blinding blizzard and hover above the battlefield with your friend.
"So... " she begins, "the elves and gnomes are at it again?"
You nod as you watch your home being looted.

> You freeze the looters before they manage to get anything important.
You create an intense blast of cold, freezing the looters in place. You drop to the ground, your friend right behind you.
She sighs.
"Gnomes are mean, obnoxious, and obnoxious. I've had my fair share of run-ins with them. But, they aren't worth dying for.

> You say "I'm just trying to keep my home safe, the Candy Guard will take it from here."
Your friend shakes her head.
"The Candy Guard is a joke. It exists so the people don't have to be concerned with the daily mayhem of Kringle. If anything, the military should protect us."

> You say "Isn't the Candy Guard a branch of the military?"
"The Candy Guard is a ragtag group of misfits that can't cut the mustard in the military. They wouldn't survive long in fighting those poachers."
"Well, what do we do?"

> You say "Well, then we've got to send for more help."
She shakes her head.

> You say "Why not? Do you really think we can take these guys alone?"
She sighs, then nods.
"You're right. We'll start sending out letters to the elven villages, see if there's any takers."
"Okay. So, what's our plan?"

"We lure the gnomes and elves into someplace where we can easily ambush them, and take their weapons, then go back to your house where we can formulate a better plan."
"I like it."

> You say "How about the Marshmallow Marsh? It shouldn't be too hard to get them stuck in there."
She shakes her head.
"They'll just follow you around the area and pick you off. No, we need something with a little more structure, like a factory or a mine..."
You shrug.

> You say "Well, there is the old abandoned section of the Great Candy Factory, but how are we going to get them in there?"
Your friend nods.
" Excellent idea. We can leave a candy carrot out with a sign that says 'EAT ME' and make them follow you into the factory, then trap them."
"A candy carrot?"

> You say "Well, I guess it's worth a shot."
The elf shakes her head.
"Glad to see you're not all stubborn ideals and very flexible on these ideas."
You nod.
"It's a long shot, but okay."
"Okay then."

> You slip inside your house, grab a candy carrot from the refrigerator, then return to your friend. "Ready. Let's do this."
Your friend nods, and the two of you enter the factory.
As soon as you enter, the smell of sugar hits your nose, making you hungry. You haven't eaten since this morning...

> You pull a package of candy canes out of your pocket, eat one, and offer one to your friend.
She shakes her head.
"No, I'm good thanks. I can't stand the stuff."
You nod and eat the candy cane, sighing happily as you enjoy the taste of sugar heaven.

> You leave the carrot on a box outside, write "eat me" in the snow next to it, and draw an arrow pointing to the carrot. You say "Okay, now what?"
Although the factory was dark at first, the moonlight has lightened the room quite a bit, so you pull out your phone and turn on the flashlight so you can see.
Your friend nods.

> You say "So how's this trap going to work? "
She shrugs.
"I don't even know. It was just a basic fishing line with a box tied to it."
"You really think they'll follow us into the factory just because of a dumb carrot?"

> You say "I still think getting them stuck in gooey marshmallow was a better idea."
"It was, but I didn't really want to go back to the house and face your parents yet."
You nod.

> You say "Let's look around, maybe we can find something useful here."
The two of you begin to explore the factory, looking at possibilities and trying to map out the best course of action.

> You say "Ooh, I bet this tub of molasses will come in handy. Maybe we can lure them over here and dump it on them."
"Yeah, that's a good idea. We'll lure them into the pit of alligators.

> You say "Alligators like molasses? Well, all the better. Okay, one of us should wait by the door, and when they come eat the carrot, we'll let them see us, and when they go by here, the other will dump the molasses. Sound good?"

"Yeah."
She looks around for something to sit on, and finds a barrel to be perfectly fine. You kneel down by the tub of molasses and wait.
After about twenty minutes, you hear footsteps.

We’ll see what happens next.

Continued...

They (the footsteps) sound robotic, almost like a military boot marching.

> You think "Well, if they're robots, that's good, this stuff will short them out."
A loud, metallic voice calls out in a thick accent.
"Hohohohoho, you've trapped the clever hoomaan!"

> You dump the molasses on them.
The goo sticks to their armor, and you see them struggle briefly before they go down. The goo must be too heavy for them to carry because they soon get up and try to scrape it off.

> You take their weapons and beat a hasty retreat.
You grab the Gnasher and another weapon to use against them. You rush out of the room and hear the clattering of metal armor. Robotic or not, they're still dangerous.

> You sneak out the back entrance and regroup with your friend.
You run out of the factory and hide in a nearby alleyway. You spy two things: a strange, armored figure wandering around near the entrance to the alley and a pipe that seems like it could be useful.

> You leave the pipe, the weapons you got off the robots are better.
You leave the pipe behind and head back out into the open street. You see a police car driving by, the lights are on, and you hope that it has a working phone in the dashboard.

You run up to the car and bang on the window. The police car slowly comes to a stop, and the door unlocks.
You open the door and climb in.

> You use the phone in the automated car to call for assistance.
The automated car has a phone built into the dashboard. You punch in 911 and wait for an answer. After a few rings, you hear a automated, " WHAT!? "

> You say "I'm by the abandoned section of the Great Candy Factory, there are gnomes and elves fighting in the street and I just poured molasses on a robot army inside the building, please send backup!"

There is a pause on the other end of the line, and you hear a voice you don't know. It's a woman, and she sounds upset.
"What?"

> You say "I said there are... Wait, who are you?"

And then the AI got stuck. Oh well, I guess that means it’s time to try another one:D

Ooh, I've got something special here. Someone designed a scenario thing that is about generating SCP entries.

Here's my first go with it:

Item #: SCP-5344

Object Class: Keter

Special Containment Procedures: Due to the nature of this anomaly, complete containment is not possible at this time. However, the following procedures must be taken to ensure the safety of both citizens and personnel. Citizens witnessing an instance of SCP-5344 are to be administered a Class-A Amnesiac and released following the procedure.

Description: SCP-5344 are the skeletal remains of an unknown number of humans found throughout the city of London, England. While the cause of death can only be speculated, it is clear due to [REDACTED] that said deaths are directly related to the disappearances that have occurred in the area. Radiographic testing has confirmed that all of the bones found belong to human beings. These skeletal remains usually consist of only rib bones and vertebrae, and are capable of rolling around despite no obvious force causing their movement. Individual bones within a group will always be clustered in an area with a radius of about 1 meter. Despite rolling around in these clusters, the bones never manage to stray outside of their given radius. Research has shown that none of the bones have shown any sign of necrosis, even when left without a body for over 2 weeks. In addition, all attempts at physical contact with the bones have resulted in minor injuries. While it is sometimes possible to forcibly isolate a single bone from the group, all attempts at capturing full instances of SCP-5344 have resulted in [REDACTED]. However, capture is still to be attempted with any confirmed instance of SCP-5344.

Any persons witnessing an active instance of SCP-5344 will begin to experience hallucinations, these hallucinations will only effect the person witnessing the anomaly. These hallucinations will usually take the form of whatever the person fears the most, but will otherwise be benign. This state will persist until the subject expires due to fear-based causes, usually heart failure. As of now, it is not known if this is a permanent state. However, the effects of witnessing SCP-5344 seem to vanish entirely if memories of it are removed by any means. In addition, viewing SCP-5344 through any form of lens completely prevents the anomalous side effects from manifesting.

I have no bloody idea how the thing manages to do this so well, but boy do I freaking love that.

The best part is that it's not like this passive process. You can interject at any time and make alterations, or sort of steer the thing in any direction that you want. While it was going I just randomly decided "wouldnt it be creepy if the bones rolled around in little swarms on the ground", so I added that bit and just waited to see what the AI would do next. It added the next details about how they roll on its own.

What's amazing about this also is that you can take something like this, and try to work with it outside of the program, spruce it up, and really make something of it.

It seems that users are coming up with all sorts of cool functions and stuff that can be done with it. I've no idea HOW they're doing this, there's still a lot of advanced stuff I dont get (duh) but it's pretty amazing to see stuff like this.

Also I added in the "REDACTED" things myself, the AI wont do that on its own.

The scenario can be found here: AI Dungeon

Takes a bit of experimenting to work with it the best, and I've no bloody idea if it's available to free accounts or not.

Okay, I loaded up the SCP entry that was being created, and immediately the AI started to add onto it. The final result was:

Addendum 5344-1: The following is an interview with a former resident of London, England who had witnessed an instance of SCP-5344.

Interviewed: David Richards, a former resident of London, England and a witness to an instance of SCP-5344. Subject was located and detained after a suburban search turned up several eyewitnesses. Richards was selected due to his near death experience and the fact that he hardly remembers any details about it, and is the only known survivor thus far.

Interviewers: Dr. Sophia Light and Agent Miller

Foreword: Interview was performed at the subject's home in [REDACTED]. Sophia asked Richards to attempt to recall any details about what had happened, as he is currently the only known person to have survived the side effects of witnessing SCP-5344 without succumbing to it.

Dr. Sophia: "Mr. Richards, can you describe any part of what you experienced on the night you encountered the anomaly?"
David: "I dunno… my memory is kind of hazy… it's like there's a fog over it or something. But I think walking down that alley was the dumbest thing I ever did in my life. There was this gut feeling I just had… I don't know."
Dr. Sophia: "That's alright, Mr. Richards. Just try to remember as much as you can.
David: I do remember that... sound. That clacking, rolling sound. Coming closer. As if it was targeting me from the start. I didn't know what it was, or why. I still don't. But it scares me.
Dr. Sophia: "Anything else?"
David: Yeah. Something else happened that night… people just disappeared. One minute they were there, going about their lives and the next they were gone, as if they never existed at all. I dunno where, why or how, but something happened."
Dr. Sophia: "Disappeared? How do you mean? Are you saying you witnessed the disappearance of individuals shortly before you encountered the bones?"
David: "I don't know. Nobody ever saw them again and there wasn't any evidence they were killed. Honestly, I feel like… I was the only survivor of that night. It's like everyone else just ceased to exist."
Dr. Sophia: "That's an interesting theory. Other than yourself, have you heard of any other witnesses to this event?
David: No... maybe? I... I'm not sure. The more I think about it, the more I feel like something is happening. In my head, you know. But, I also feel like... like I'm tethered to something. There's a pulling, and... oh God. Do you hear that? That clacking?"
At this point in the interview, Richards appears noticeably distressed, and utters a scream as his nose begins to bleed. He continues screaming until he collapses on the floor and foams from the mouth. Paramedics enter the room at this point to revive him.
Sophia: "Tell me what you see.
David's voice is heard speaking clearly, despite his extreme physical distress, yet his mouth is open as if he is still screaming. "It... it's here! It's on the other side of that wall, but it can get in! It's already made the connection! You've all got to get out of here! Dont let the cycle continue!"
At this point, the interview is interrupted by a blinding light and an audible clacking sound, similar to the one produced by SCP-5344. Once the light fades, both Richards and Dr. Sophia are gone. A white object is the only thing remaining in the room, which is later discovered to be some sort of bone. However, further research discovers that [DATA EXPUNGED]. David Richards' body is found the next day by a homeless man in an abandoned alley, with no apparent cause of death. Upon recovery by Foundation agents, an autopsy is performed. It is discovered that Richards' skeletal structure has been entirely replaced with [REDACTED]. A suggestion for heightened surveillance of the city of London has been proposed to the O5 council and is awaiting their decision.

At this point, the AI very clearly seemed to declare this entry completed. It seemed like the perfect stopping point to me, too. Just amazing. I absolutely love this.

And then the AI got stuck. Oh well, I guess that means it’s time to try another one:D

When this happens, it's definitely possible to continue.

Despite how advanced the AI is, well, it's still an AI, and can get distracted or a bit lost every now and then. Now, that is absolutely part of the fun of this sort of thing, is the wild stuff that happens when an AI is part of the creation of, well, anything. But sometimes, you want it to do something different, or you just want to knock it out of some weird loop it might have gotten itself into. That's what those buttons above the text entry field are for: They allow you to steer or even redirect the AI. For instance, you can take the most recent bit of text... including bits that were generated by the AI... and edit them however you want, and then the AI will reexamine it and continue from there. If the AI generates an unsatisfactory response to something you do, you can hit the redo button, where it will reexamine and create a different result. If it gets REALLY stuck, try using the "story" entry, and directly specifying what happens next. This can get the AI back into the game.

Also, a different type of steering can be done by using half-finished sentences. The AI will do it's best to finish the sentence itself, and continue from there. It's sort of like gently nudging it towards a direction you want it to take.

In the SCP entry I just posted, there are certainly points where I interjected to add something, or make some changes to what the AI put out, to better fit the story that was clearly forming. Dont get me wrong: It came up with the major majority of that entry on its own. But the ability to "steer" it is what truly made it work so well. Though, I gotta say, I did not expect it to add an Addendum section at the end. I also did not expect that this would be a full interview type with defined characters and a clear resolution. That was really cool to explore.

Though, it's worth noting that all of this is also quite dependent on WHICH AI is being used. I'm using the Dragon AI, which is far more powerful than "Griffin", which is the default. Dragon is not available to free users due to the silly amount of resources it takes up just to run. Access to it is the prime benefit of getting a paid account.

Not that you cant still have a great time with the Griffin AI, mind you.

I’m using the free one for now since I’m just trying it out, if I like it enough I’ll pay for the good stuff. I honestly had no idea where to take the story from there either, and I deleted a bit where it started to loop at the end when I shared it. Pretty much I was just taking what the AI gave me and running with it this time, and trying to prompt it when it seemed to need ideas. I’ll experiment more now that I’ve started to familiarize myself with it. The police car was completely unexpected, so I didn’t have any plans with it offhand. I did notice that sometimes it will give you a not-quite-finished prompt, for example if it doesn’t put closing quotations on something and you just hit enter, it will add more to the quote before closing it, it didn’t occur to me that I can set things like that up for it to finish too.

I love this game! I found it when I was looking for text-based games on Apple App store. I like the classic set up of the interactive text-based game and I like that it brings in AI you know?!

I love this game! I found it when I was looking for text-based games on Apple App store. I like the classic set up of the interactive text-based game and I like that it brings in AI you know?!

Yeah, it's pretty great, isnt it? I found the site via Youtube, got an account, and have been totally addicted to it since.

This is the best thing I've ever seen in my entire life. Thank you so much for posting this.

No problem. It's free to try out, if I recall correctly, if you head over to the site there. You wont be able to access the Dragon AI without paying (it's the really super advanced one), but the Griffin AI is still super impressive and will still be a lot of fun to interact with.

Been playing it a ton since posting this, in my current adventure, I watched a cursed Youtube video and somehow got teleported to a freaky abandoned town where weird things are crawling around and then a house just appeared out of nowhere and I went inside and threw a snack bar at this monster thing and it dropped a mystery cube, and who knows what lunacy will happen next. (EDIT: Okay so the cube took me to the Dimension of Creepy Youtube Videos, and then I found Ashton Kutcher who was stuck in a coffin, so he gave me a jar of liquid TNT to break through the portal that would lead out of there, but I stood too close to the portal when I threw it and blew myself up. That ends... whatever that was. Who knows what the next adventure will be.)

Also, if you liked that story above, you might enjoy reading this too:

Bob's Perfect Sporks (AI creation #1)

The AI can do more than just act as a text adventure. Here, I had it generate a "cursed commercial". The results were hilarious. I did this more than once, and it was entertaining as heck every time. I dont know if you are at all familiar with the SCP Foundation, but I also had it generate multiple SCP entries as well, which is one of my favorite things to do with it.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom