• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

"Here In My Car..." Driving as a Stim

I remember one of my trips to Tijuana. I went at nite and thought l was driving thru the border crossing south of San Diego. Apparently not, l was at the next border crossing inward. Now most american cell phones don't work in Mexico (no gps). So l drive in thinking wow this looks different.

It's about 11:00 pm. TOTALLY LOST. l was driving around not understanding street or highway signs. Knowing in the back of my mind, l could be heading to my own beheading with a wrong turn down a country road. So basically l drove for about 3 hours straight finally ending up on the 24 hour open bar street which l had read about online. I knew where that was, and was able to get to my hotel. There is a street run by the Cartel which is about 6 blocks long of endless bars and endless workers. So relieved when l finally put two and two together. Then l made a beeline out of there to the main drag.

When l came back to the US, l finally realised l had taken a different border crossing. But it was exciting to realise l navigated and found my hotel. I kinda felt whole again after my horrible divorce.

Shout out to the Holiday Inn. Excellent hotel, great staff, good location to the hospital. I was very pleased staying there.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom