• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

hello :)

Amethyst

Hello,

My name is Sarah.. I'm 23 years old. I don't normally join forums, or when I do I tend to not be very active.
I started therapy when I was 12 for anxiety, and all of my therapy from there focused on SA, depression, apathy and such. A family friend thought I had asperger's.. I took the EQ and AQ online quiz and my score was within the spectrum(I believe EQ was 17 and AQ was 35). It's a little startling, I always figured myself to be quite self-aware but when I start asking myself these questions and evaluating why it's always a struggle to interact with everyone(I always assumed I just hadn't met the "right" people), I'm making sense of why so many things in my life, that come so easily to others, are unbearable.

But, erm.. yeah. I'm very interested in quartz crystals(obviously lol), mythology, herbal medicine, animal nutrition and care. I work an office job that I hate but I dream of going back to school and maybe studying animal biology.

It'll be nice to learn more and to maybe, finally, find people I can relate to.
:)

Welcome aboard! I like Amethyst too, I think it's even my birthstone? Feb.
here are some crystals for you :)

Last edited:
... I'm making sense of why so many things in my life, that come so easily to others, are unbearable.

Hi, Sarah. I think you defined the struggle for many of us in that one sentence. I'm 52 and self-diagnosed a couple of years ago. Only now am I really beginning to interact (through this forum) with others like myself. It's good to have a community of like-minded people with whom to share your thoughts, feelings and personal issues. It makes a difference to know others have similar issues and that our struggles are not due to character flaws. I hope you feel comfortable enough here to participate frequently. I'm interested in animal health and welfare too, and I do feral cat rescue (TNR). Welcome to the forum.

Thank you Cali Cat :) It's comforting to know others can relate.
That's lovely to hear you rescue feral cats! My kitty, Chablis, <--- is a rescue. I'm obsessed with her, and cats in general.

Welcome :)

It may not be how you had expected to do so, but perhaps you have finally come to find "the right people" here. I hope you do feel right at home, and are able to connect with some like-minded individuals. I also hope that you are able to one day pursue your dreams of taking on a career in biology. We do have a few individuals here who have a rather keen interest on the subject, so I'm sure you'll find plenty of conversation there.

I recommend paying a visit to our resources section:
Autism & Asperger's Resources | AspiesCentral.com

I also like to recommend this book in particular to our female members. It offers much in the way of self-discovery, and understanding of oneself:
Aspergirls: Empowering Females With Asperger Syndrome | AspiesCentral.com

New Threads

Top Bottom