• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello

Hello,

I'm going to hold back on a name for now, because I'm unfortunately not there yet, but I will about myself! Also, I'm in my mid thirties.

Where to begin... I guess the start?

As a child I had a doctor diagnose me with delayed social skills and ADHD. This was enough to get me an IEP and special accommodation in school.

I used to be quite awful on conversation, but somewhere in my late teens I did learned how to start and maintain conversations. I still struggle with ending them.

In my mid twenties, I was diagnosed with depression by my doctor, got put on medication, and it didn't really help. Also, I was a Pharmacy Technician at the time.

I decided to get my BA in Psychology, and during the time I did this I started working in the field of ABA with children who have ASD. I'm now currently working on my masters to get my BCBA.

I got married to my girlfriend of 7 years, and that was 3 years ago. Still married, happily!

I'm fairly certain that I would get an ASD diagnosis, but I also know there aren't many people who are specialized with adults. Also, not sure how accepted it would be for someone who has ASD to would with children who have ASD, and a diagnosis kind of scares me since I plan to do this for the rest of my life. I understand HIPAA, but also know the information may find it's way out

I feel that I hide it quite well, though I have moments I slip up on.

If you actually read through this, thank you. I don't really expect anyone to, but just wanted to put some of my thoughts down.

-ABA Dude

Hello ABA Dude, and Welcome!

I can relate to your situation somewhat, except I am older than you.

I am interested in your perspective, and think you are ideally suited for your occupation.

Last edited:
Hello ABA Dude, and Welcome!

I can relate to your situation somewhat, except I am older than you.

I am interested in your perspective, and think you are ideally suited for your occupation.

Rasputin,

Thank you for your kind words, and look forward to reading your posts!

-ABA Dude

New Threads

Top Bottom