• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello ;)

claudiop

Hi. My name is Claudio and i am a 16 year old teenager diagnosed with Asperger. I like to understand very complex things, so i am in the "computers area", but i also have many small hobbies like photography, and cycling.
I accidentally found recently some psychologist reports buried in the middle of old school documentation. Those reports, resumed(some of them wrongly) my entire behavior between 5 years old and the eight/ninth grade (13/14 years old).
I almost always were revolted with the psychologists, so i never thought for more than a second what were i really spending my time for, simply because my family is inserted in the low middle-class, and the monthly payment to the psychologist was bigger than what i could "earn" for me in an entire semester, and that revolted me. Some way they(at least 6 psychologists and about a dozen teachers) managed to diagnose my problem, but i never felt a lot of help in the social interaction.
From what i have read, and from what i observed i have: SPD, ADHD, DAMP, OCD, ODD, anxiety/panic crisis, mind blindness, bipolarity, prosopagnosia, personality disorder, "Pressure of speech", and some more(like Tourette) which i am not sure.

Resuming my whole social life since... ever:
At first diagnosed as someone gifted(144IQ@WAIS-R) but very problematic, because i easy gathered conflicts with my schoolmates for the randomest reasons possible.(Eg. If i undervalued them by doing the school-work in a third of the time and spoiling the answer, or ignored their games and another common stereotypes(like football)).
When i moved to another town/school(5th grade) it was simply horrible. My only real friend in the town was a girl(which i suspect to have autism, or at least ADHD and Personality Disorder), because almost everyone else hated us because we were weird and had strange behaviors.
In the 7th grade i switched to another class only with new persons(except an old classmate). That specific class, had an horribly reputation in the school, mostly because the students were the worst and their class/school behavior was not behind. Strangely, it was the first moment in my live that i felt how it is to be in a group of friends. I didn't needed to improve in order to reach my friends standard's, i could get worse and still meet those "standards". The positive was that i had about 7/8 "real" friends, the negative was that my school grades were cut in half.
When the 8th grade finished, i was the worst student in the class to pass.(Many of my "friends", reproved with better grades.) At the time i just thought that it was luck, but in the other end i became aware that almost all of my day-to-day friends were reproved.
The 9th grade was the most calm year i had, i were very neutral in the class, and my grades started to improve a lot again. I also improved my relations with some classmates(three of which are now my only real-friends).
Now i am in the second year of a "professional course", which is nothing of what i expected. Some teachers are ignorant, and my classmates are a bunch of idiots, who just want to be in the course to have less work.
They also dislike me a lot because i am a geek, and they hate to speak about anything else than football and women.
Resuming: Loneliness since ever.

Greetings, and thanks for reading :)

Hi! welcome to AC! I hope you find us welcoming and a good bunch! Please hang out and dip your toes in the nice warm water :)

New Threads

Top Bottom