• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello

tmponze

I'm 40 years old and officially diagnosed at 35. Horribly embarassed by it but I live in the US. I've been in the loop of 'something wrong with me' and 'it's your fault' since childhood and my social and work life has suffered from it but I've taken life skills classes and keep working to improve things. Recently I've gotten into historical fencing and am learning to play the cello
Career wise I'm still stuck trying to get a decent job, but I keep trying different things and hope something works out. I have the typical obsessions, for me it's history and paleontology. I decided to join this forum to meet and talk with people who have similar life experiences.

200_s.gif

I'm 40 years old and officially diagnosed at 35. Horribly embarassed by it but I live in the US. I've been in the loop of 'something wrong with me' and 'it's your fault' since childhood and my social and work life has suffered from it but I've taken life skills classes and keep working to improve things. Recently I've gotten into historical fencing and am learning to play the cello
Career wise I'm still stuck trying to get a decent job, but I keep trying different things and hope something works out. I have the typical obsessions, for me it's history and paleontology. I decided to join this forum to meet and talk with people who have similar life experiences.
Hello I'm streetwise this is a safe forum not like YouTube
I'm from the UK embarrassed about our prime minister but not like trump
I'm still feeling strange about my diagnosis as I was borderline
I liked palaentology for a while now it's flowers, wildflowers,crafts recycling little things decorating. them ,cats most wild animals,good vampire stories- I'm a sort of Christian (like Hebrew words can't speak it )
I'm a typical autistic woman
Got to stop

Hello tmponze! Welcome! I was only diagnosed a year ago and I'm 42. History (or rather certain aspects of it) is one of my interests as well. Your story sounds like something most of us can relate to.

New Threads

Top Bottom