• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello! Recently diagnosed adult :)

Wish you lived next door. My sons broke and trained horses, and I’d love to yak with someone about the Foundation Trilogy, which has stuck in my mind for years. I also really like the now-outdated science fiction of Conan Doyle. See you around.
Oh gosh yes, the Foundation series is timeless! <3 I have actually never read any scifi by Conan Doyle, I will put it on my list to look into. I appreciate the tip!

Hi and welcome, it's good that you found us. Yes, as you say, it really does make a difference to understand that there always was a reason, an actual difference, underpinning the confusions and social differences and difficulties. Better late than never, finding out about that.
It's true! There were lots of mixed feelings, but I am so appreciative to have been able to find this out about myself. I think it will make a real difference in how I interact with the world and other humans moving forward.

Classic science fiction, like The Devine Invasion? (I love that sequence. I do not understand it, bit I still love it).

What you have described about understanding the past in light of present understanding is very, very typical, and a wonderful thing. Once I understood this myself, I was able to dump a lifetime of negative self-imagery, and, though still a-typical, am much happier.
l
Good travelling, fellow traveller!
Classic science fiction to me means Asimov, Heinlein. Clark & Dick.

Last edited:
Oh gosh yes, the Foundation series is timeless! <3 I have actually never read any scifi by Conan Doyle, I will put it on my list to look into. I appreciate the tip!
Oops. Don’t spend any time on it. It was a tongue-in-cheek about Sherlock Holmes, which was a pretty wild application of science in its day. I try to keep that in mind when reading the master sleuth. Edward VII noticed, now he’s known as Sir Arthur Conan Doyle for advocating the use of science in law enforcement.

the real classic is a science fiction book written in the Victoria Age forgot the author I remember my brothers. talking about it during the seventies.

I love classical scifi too. I read everything by Asimov, Clarke, and Heinlein that I could get my hands on when I was a kid. I wish someone would have told me about Ursula Le Guin back then, because she was incredible. I love the Hainish cycle. The Word for World Is Forest is one of my favorites.

I love classical scifi too. I read everything by Asimov, Clarke, and Heinlein that I could get my hands on when I was a kid. I wish someone would have told me about Ursula Le Guin back then, because she was incredible. I love the Hainish cycle. The Word for World Is Forest is one of my favorites.
Yes I have soft spot or Ursula Le Guin too! I own a copy of The Dispossessed and reread it every several years.

I was diagnosed at age 19 when I was legally an adult but I hadn’t graduated from high school yet. I was a senior and the diagnosis explained a lot of things about me that people kept saying weren’t “normal” and that I was making up just to get some attention. It also explained the emotional outbursts that I would have whenever I felt overwhelmed and why I couldn’t do much of anything afterwards because my mind basically shut down completely.

New Threads

Top Bottom