• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello, Raven (Escitala) here!

Escitala

Resident of the evig vila forest
Hello! I'm Raven, Escitala is my pen name and pseudonym used in my band. I'm 18 and have started my freshmen year at university. I'm diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome in October this year after the suggestion of the counselor at school. I'm really not so good at socializing...sorry if I seem weird!

I'm a metalhead, I collect the package inserts of medicine (I'm the kind of person reading psychopharmacology book when others doing their math homework). Also extremely passionate about online forums (keep finding patterns...but not a passionate poster to be honest).

Really suck at interpreting social relationships, etc., and I find it hard to read most novels because I don't get the characters' relationship and intentions, but really want to write a novel myself! That's what I wish to do after this term, I want to write one about forums and combine with my own life experience.

Because of limited interests and many things I find it hard to get along with peers during the whole life but luckily I meet people with the same hobby in university, which is so great and is something I never expected before (I was so lonely). Hope to meet some friends there!

1670521342938.png

Welcome to the forum. It's great to hear you are in a band. Do you sing or play guitar? Do you jam or have you tried to perform somewhere?

Hi, and welcome to the Forums! I hope you make new friends and enjoy your stay in the process!

Welcome to the forum. It's great to hear you are in a band. Do you sing or play guitar? Do you jam or have you tried to perform somewhere?
Thank you! I both sing and play guitar! but I only play a little guitar because I learned not for a long time. We had a debut performance at my university last week. It was such unbelievable thing to me!

Hi. Weird is more or less normal among spectrumites, which makes standard 'normal' weird in a way. So no worries there.

Welcome! We have a number of people here who are into music and metal, including the aptly named @Metalhead

On the topic of novels, have you read Convenience Store Woman? The protagonist, by far, is the closest I've seen to myself in a character.

Thank you! I both sing and play guitar! but I only play a little guitar because I learned not for a long time. We had a debut performance at my university last week. It was such unbelievable thing to me!
Congratulations on your debut! That is so wonderful. There are many music lovers here, myself included, and a place to share things that you have made or are working on.

This is one that a member started where you can post any sound, and it’s open for people to remix. You can also remix anything already posted there:

Thread 'That Sound Design Thread!'
That Sound Design Thread!

I should add in our 'Off Topic' sub-forum we have a music section and it is fairly active. There are ongoing threads like 'What song are you listening to now' and frequently new ones along the lines of 'What's your favorite 90's alternate musiv', etc. I don't do metal much but there are many here who do, so you aren't alone in that respect.

Btw, we have a lot of people with deep (lifelong) music interest. It makes me wonder if it is just another branch of Special Interests or is there something steering us into music in particular (?).

Thank you everyone for the welcome! That indeed moves me a lot.
Congratulations on your debut! That is so wonderful. There are many music lovers here, myself included, and a place to share things that you have made or are working on.

This is one that a member started where you can post any sound, and it’s open for people to remix. You can also remix anything already posted there:

Thread 'That Sound Design Thread!'
That Sound Design Thread!
Yes I wish I would know enough about music and learn how to remix. I'm actually a beginner in music and have a lot to learn! But it sounds pretty cool.
Hi. What kind of novels?
You mean the one I want to write? I guess it's pretty like the style of Fredrik Backman because I really love his novels, but absolutely would be original and I try my best to keep that way.
Welcome! We have a number of people here who are into music and metal, including the aptly named @Metalhead

On the topic of novels, have you read Convenience Store Woman? The protagonist, by far, is the closest I've seen to myself in a character.
I haven't read the novel but I'll keep it in mind! Thank you!

Welcome! Do you play metal guitar as well? I know all sorts of tricks that can make anyone sound like they're better than they are (I use my magic on myself all the time, lol)

Welcome! Do you play metal guitar as well? I know all sorts of tricks that can make anyone sound like they're better than they are (I use my magic on myself all the time, lol)
Yes I love playing metal, and actually on the performance I just need to play a riff for eight times and change another for another eight times. Those tricks sounds super cool! I don't know any of them maybe because I'm just a starter lol.

New Threads

Top Bottom