• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello! Nice to meet you.

SilverAbsol21

Hello,
I'm not the best at introductions but I'll try. I'm 21 and have been diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder since early April and am still learning more about it. I'm a senior undergrad studying ecology and evolution (with a focus on plants).
I'm currently working part-time at my university in one of the ecology labs studying invasive plants and bacteria.
I like hiking, writing, drawing and some video games (Zelda, pokémon, fire emblem, final fantasy, etc.).
I'm not always the best at saying what I mean but I like meeting new people and sharing interests.
Thank you for reading! :)

Nice to meet you and welcome! Your studies sound very interesting. I've recently been following Juan Enriquez, lots of food for thought in this area. I'm new here myself :)

Nice to meet you and welcome! Your studies sound very interesting. I've recently been following Juan Enriquez, lots of food for thought in this area. I'm new here myself :)
Thanks! I'm enjoying what I'm researching now and am glad to be getting good experience in a lab. Yeah, evolution especially is very fascinating!

Hi, SilverAbsol21, and welcome! I'm new here, too, and I have to say that it's nice to be in a forum where I feel I can relate to the other members, where I don't have to worry about them thinking that I'm strange or something. The people here that I've met so far have been very friendly and helpful.

Hello,
I'm not the best at introductions but I'll try. I'm 21 and have been diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder since early April and am still learning more about it. I'm a senior undergrad studying ecology and evolution (with a focus on plants).
I'm currently working part-time at my university in one of the ecology labs studying invasive plants and bacteria.
I like hiking, writing, drawing and some video games (Zelda, pokémon, fire emblem, final fantasy, etc.).
I'm not always the best at saying what I mean but I like meeting new people and sharing interests.
Thank you for reading! :)
Welcome and nice to meet you,too!

Hi, SilverAbsol21, and welcome! I'm new here, too, and I have to say that it's nice to be in a forum where I feel I can relate to the other members, where I don't have to worry about them thinking that I'm strange or something. The people here that I've met so far have been very friendly and helpful.
Exactly my thoughts. AC has become my latest obsession and it's been encouraging, informative, and friendly. Here, there's nothing to fear.

Hi & Welcome,
I think quite a few here are interested in the natural world. Some Aspies seem to be drawn to it. Perhaps because we are more comfortable there then in human society.

Welcome SilverAbsol21 The natural world is a 'fav with me too & reflected in my username on here. Being in & amongst nature is very therapeutic, I reckon. Nice to meet you ☺

Hi and welcome, very interesting studies, I'm studying geology so deal with long dead fossils rather than biology but still very interlinked. Hope you enjoy the site :)

New Threads

Top Bottom