• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello, my name is Ron.

Hello fellow Ron your stroke appears worse than mine, see purple area.
Hi there Ronald Zeeman. I think the aftermath after the scare of heart tachycardia for most part my stroke has had relatively minor after effects compared to many stroke victims. Even though things like my balance is still affected I can walk for most part without aids & have not fallen since stroke. I have come close to falling but always caught myself before fully going down. I actually fell a fair amount before stroke. I have taken more care since stroke.

That is not to say things are perfect. My balance is not as good as before stroke. Only slowing down & being more careful has prevented falling. I still have a pressure like static like numb feeling over entire left side of body. The worst of these effects now are to my left hand & fingers. Very limited fine touch making it nearly impossible to make fine movements when handling smal items as well as general shakiness in that hand mostly not present in right hand.

Yes, mine was also on left side, walking is OK mainly loss of sensation. can feel pain really well like if feeling knob was turned way down. I was ambidextrous now loss of feeling has messed me up.

Hello fellow Ron your stroke appears worse than mine, see purple area.
Looks like yours cover a larger area than mine & affects more sensory areas. Does it cause any numbness or coordination issues?

I was extremely fortunate it covered such a small area. I get a weird partialy numb feeling all over left side, even so there is no actual numbness. Just constant tingling staticky pressure feeling as if my left side is in constant state of just waking up from numb state. This is often a very uncomfortable feeling as I may not detect next stroke as quickly as I did this time. Reason is that is what made me notice my stroke initially. A just waking from numb feeling that wouldn't go away.

My senses in my left hand are dulled by the intense static feeling so feeling very small objects & manipulating them is difficult. On the other hand my sensation of temerature is spot on compared to other hand. It is really something to experience.

Last edited:
Your right I can almost use my hand as a thermometer. IT feel s like a burn on the left side inside my mouth while right side is OK. makes it hard to eat warm or hot food. Forget touching a hot plate I did not know what the issue was while in hospital, which was very confusing. both hands have different sensations. I can walk OK but due to a bit of confusion among the doctors I'm good now See other threads where I discuss it in more detail.

New Threads

Top Bottom