• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello, I'm new

Dadamen

Hello, autism forum, my name is Danijel, I live in Croatia and I'm 16 years old. I have never been diagnosed by autism, but i think it is very likely that I have asperger syndrome because I have all symptoms: lack of social skills, no true friends (have some at school, but don't hang out with anyone in free time), restricted interests and behaviours, speak like a robot, I'm clumsy, I take things litterally often. Also, i have good language development (except sometimes speaking and writting too fast, so people can't understand me and some minor troubles with pronoucation, already had speech therapy with the ages of 6,9 and 12, but didn't help). My iq is 100-120 according to online tests and I am good at school, so I'm a high functioning. I have excellent number and verbal memory, but poor face memory and sometimes have trouble reading people's emotions. Also, at the age of 13 I got a non-Hodgkin Lymphoma and had chemotharapy for almost a year and a half. During that, I went to psychiatrist more than once because of anxiety, psychosis and panic attacks. I still sometimes have panic attacks and sometimes go to school psychologist because of it. Both psychiatrist and school psychologist focused on anxiety and haven't noticed my autistic tendencies. I came here to meet new friends (at least online friends, altrough I know online frineds aren't real).

upload_2020-7-23_9-48-32.png

Greetings and welcome! :)

I’m pretty new here too, and currently pursuing an assessment in expectation of diagnosis.

Happy Thursday :D

Hi and welcome, I hope that you enjoy it here. It seldom rains, and we mostly don't get thunder, lighting or flash floods.

:rowboat::sailboat::swimmer::speedboat::palmtree::cactus::snowboarder::runner::rocket:

Welcome, Dadamen/Danijel

Hope you settle in here and get to know us all. (I have not yet come across the spelling of Daniel with a j - but it is interesting to learn the way things are in other countries. :)

Hello! I've never heard much about Croatia but love hearing about countries; what's it like?
It is a small country in southeast Europe, former part of Yugoslavia. Can be divided into continental, mountainside and seaside parts. The eastern parts are flat and this part is called Slavonia. In Slavonia there are a lot of wheat fields. Western of Slavonia is a hilly part where there are a lot of natural forests and also historical castles. I live in that part, near the capital of Zagreb. Maybe you heard that Zagreb was struck by a strong earthquake oh 22 March, just during the coronavirus quarantine. Then comes a mountainside part. The nortern part of mountainside is called Gorski kotar and the southern is called Lika. In this part there are a lot mountains and forests and vrey small population density. The biggest mountain is Velebit that is 200 km long are rises from the sea to 1750 m high tops. Altrough, the highest peak is Dinara (1832 m). And finally, seaside, on the seaside the tourism is very developed and I recommend to you all to visit it, there are over 1000 islands and a big peniinsula Istria and a beautiful islands Brijuni next to it. The southern part of Croatia is called Dalmatia. Climate in croatia is moderate, inland has warm or hot summers and cold and often snowy winters. Seaside has hot summers that are often dry in Dalmatia, winters there are less cold, but they are rainy and often very windy. Population is 4 million, 1 million capital of Zagreb alone. Other bigger cities are Rijeka, Split and Osijek.

New Threads

Top Bottom