• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello I'm Caroline

Caroline22

Hello I'm 25 years and I was diagnosed 2017.....I'm from the United States and my hobbies are watching movies anime and listening to music I'm a very Shy person and I really don't know how this forum works but I would love to make new friends here

Hi Caroline, welcome to the forums. They're a friendly bunch here, I hope you feel at home.

Welcome! It's pretty casual here - and there's a mix of threads from the more serious to lighthearted and games.

1674309778245.png

Hello and welcome.

I am a very shy person too, but for some reason I really come out of my shell on the forum. I’ve chosen quietness for many many years now, but it turns out with the right format and with the right people I have a lot to say. I hope that you can find some meaningful information and connections here. You can leave the shell of shyness behind if you want to.

So glad you joined. Being shy is okay. You are welcomed here, feel free to post your interests and dreams. Everybody is very supportive here.:)

Hello I'm 25 years and I was diagnosed 2017.....I'm from the United States and my hobbies are watching movies anime and listening to music I'm a very Shy person and I really don't know how this forum works but I would love to make new friends here

Would you please explain to me what anime is? I have wondered for a long time but I do not understand.

@grommet

Anime is hand-drawn and computer-generated animation originating from Japan. Outside of Japan and in English, anime refers specifically to animation produced in Japan. However, in Japan and in Japanese, anime (a term derived from a shortening of the English word animation) describes all animated works, regardless of style or origin. Animation produced outside of Japan with similar style to Japanese animation is commonly referred to as anime-influenced animation.

@grommet

Anime is hand-drawn and computer-generated animation originating from Japan. Outside of Japan and in English, anime refers specifically to animation produced in Japan. However, in Japan and in Japanese, anime (a term derived from a shortening of the English word animation) describes all animated works, regardless of style or origin. Animation produced outside of Japan with similar style to Japanese animation is commonly referred to as anime-influenced animation.

So it is animation but a particular type? I have never thought of animation having its own categories. I watched Speed Racer when I was very young. Maybe that is what it is like. It was very different from any other animation I had seen. Realistic in a different way, dramatic and jarring.

New Threads

Top Bottom