• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello. I am Dennis S and I am diagnosed in USA with ASD

Welcome, Dennis. My paternal ancestors came from Germany with the first one coming to the U.S. in 1894 and settling in the northern part of the U.S; decades after the Civil War and decades after slavery. I suppose I could be considered German American. I was in Germany in 1985 and it was amazing and wonderful. I'm guessing it may have changed a lot since I was there.

I do not know how to send a personal message. Can you instruct me?
To get someone's attention in a post, like what you just wrote, add this symbol "@" as the first letter of the screen name, like this

@Dennis S

You can do that to me any time for a specific question, in any article, something like this

@Skittlebisquit how do I send a private message?

@tree is a site moderator, she is really nice.

I'm not sure if my process is same as you. @Dennis S runs Win 10 with a Chrome Browser, is that right?

You cant break the site or the computer by experimenting. So to send a private message, you click on a person's picture, then click on "start a conversation" then you use thier user name and a subject and then the message, its alot like email.

Or you can just ask someone else to pm you and respond, that might be easier for you, at first

Last edited:
To get someone's attention in a post, like what you just wrote, add this symbol "@" as the first letter of the screen name, like this

@Dennis S

You can do that to me any time for a specific question, in any article, something like this

@Skittlebisquit how do I send a private message?

@tree is a site moderator, she is really nice.

I'm not sure if my process is same as you. @Dennis S runs Win 10 with a Chrome Browser, is that right?

You cant break the site or the computer by experimenting. So to send a private message, you click on a person's picture, then click on "start a conversation" then you use thier user name and a subject and then the message, its alot like email.

Or you can just ask someone else to pm you and respond, that might be easier for you, at first

A new member 'Polina' requested I PM her. There is no picture. No screen pops up in which I can find any instructions to do anything. Do I start a message with @Dennis S or with @Polina? Can you see how frustrating this all is? Do you imagine others give up on using the forum because it is unclear? Or am I simply too obtuse to understand what others find quite simple?

@Dennis S

No, you don't start a message with yourself.

If you want to start a PM with Polina, for example, look at one of the
replies she made here in this thread. Post # 19.

upload_2021-9-17_12-11-48.png

That is a screenshot of Post #19, showing you the area to click on.
Click on the highlighted part. That is her Username.

It won't be highlighted in the actual post.

A new member 'Polina' requested I PM her. There is no picture. No screen pops up in which I can find any instructions to do anything. Do I start a message with @Dennis S or with @Polina? Can you see how frustrating this all is? Do you imagine others give up on using the forum because it is unclear? Or am I simply too obtuse to understand what others find quite simple?
Hang in there, I know it's all new and confusing at first, with patience you can learn how to use the forum

Welcome, Dennis. My paternal ancestors came from Germany with the first one coming to the U.S. in 1894 and settling in the northern part of the U.S; decades after the Civil War and decades after slavery. I suppose I could be considered German American. I was in Germany in 1985 and it was amazing and wonderful. I'm guessing it may have changed a lot since I was there.
Thank you for replying. My maternal grandmother came to states from the Netherlands at about the same time as your ancestors.

New Threads

Top Bottom