• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello from Arizona

Jacoby

I've posted for a long time over at WP and thought it would be cool to check some other places out. You can call me Jacob, Jake, Jacoby, Jay, whatever I don't care. 24, living Arizona, struggling, and going to school. My interests are current events/politics/history, sports(big NFL and NBA fan), and I dunno whatever random thing of the day or week. To give you a condensed version; I was diagnosed when I was around 15, spent a lot of years never addressing my issues, and have ended up pretty isolated in almost aspects of my life as was result of it.

Starting school again has been really tough, I am confident in my ability to do all the work(minus math which I am unbelievably bad at) but being around people again especially my age is kind of depressing to me I guess. I have medication for anxiety which I need but socially things aren't any better, I just don't feel physically ill like I might otherwise. I feel judged... inadequate... All everybody else is talking about is partying this and girlfriend that, I don't even know how I am suppose to participate. It always feels like everybody else already knows and accepts each other but sees me as some invasion of space. Maybe that is just how I perceive it and I'm just irrational, I dunno.
I think I have some serious self esteem issues, I don't see much positive in myself. People try to comfort me and tell me that I'm smart or that I am kind but that doesn't get you very much, I don't think I'm all that smart anyways or else I would have more to show for it.

I am determined to finish the semester, after that I am going to re-evaluate things, I can't kill myself
to do this. I've put so much pressure on myself, I don't feel that young anymore to be where I am at in life and I can't delay things much long with any hope of a normal life. A normal life probably was never in the card I am guessing tho, I just want to be happy and somewhat content and the only I think you can really achieve that is by sharing with other people which I is something I didn't always think. I don't want to be alone, I don't want to be the freak, I just... I don't even know what I want. I am just praying(a lot of good that does) things get better just by chance or something. I can't be the only person that feels the way I do, I know I can't.

So yeah, hi.

Hi! I hope you find friends here [emoji39]

I guess you're a Cardinals fan? I'm officially a Bengals fan but I find watching the games pretty tedious- probably because it's just waiting to see how long it takes for Andy Dalton to stuff up![emoji458] [emoji107]

Anyway, I digress. Hats off to you for going back to university and I hope it becomes more enjoyable [emoji5]

Welcome aboard :)
I think you will find this is a very accepting and friendly community.
Best wishes
image.jpg

Hi! I hope you find friends here [emoji39]

I guess you're a Cardinals fan? I'm officially a Bengals fan but I find watching the games pretty tedious- probably because it's just waiting to see how long it takes for Andy Dalton to stuff up![emoji458] [emoji107]

Anyway, I digress. Hats off to you for going back to university and I hope it becomes more enjoyable [emoji5]

Green Bay Packers all the way :p

thanks for the replies everyone

Welcome Jacoby,
You sound a lot like a young me only I didn't go to college and I didn't know what I had. This is a good place with even better people. Good to have you with us.

PS Great picture Rocco, probably my favorite one yet. Great color and very interesting detail, thanks.

Hi & Welcome,

Its good to push yourself. Just about everyone NT or ASpie has to to get anywhere. But you have to find your sustainable path, not something that rattles you to pieces, like trying to push a sled over gravel.

New Threads

Top Bottom