• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello everyone, I am new here

Marykate101

I found this site while researching online for information about how to understand aspies.
I'm not on the spectrum (an NT??) but am involved in a relationship with, I'm pretty sure, an undiagnosed male aspie. He has not led me to believe that he knows anything about Asperger's, in spite of his youngest son recently receiving HFA diagnosis...
My intent is to learn as much as I can about the general aspects even though i realize that everyone has different levels and a variety of responses to any given situation.
But i care a great deal for the wonderful man that is in my life and I don't want to do anything to complicate our relationship for him if I can help it by learning more about his point of view. Hope that makes sense anyway!

Welcome to the Forums! I hope you make new friends and enjoy your stay in the process!

Yes, you'd be considered NT (Neurotypical)

And you'll get lots of Information from here, everyone here's friendly, myself included obviously :p

This is probably a better place to come to get an unbiased idea of what an aspie is. Hope you find it helpful.

Hi Marykate

welcome to af.png

Welcome, Marykate101. Certainly this forum can play a part in developing an understanding. In addition, try simply searching the internet.
The Mayo Clinic has good basic information about the autism spectrum: types of autism disorders, symptoms, and advise. They can be trusted, IMO.

I’m betting other members of the forum can provide other good links as well. You can also search historical forum posts here on Autismforums.com and read a mountain of information.
I celebrate your willingness to make an effort to understand. I look forward to reading about your positive outcome in this situation. May you have peace on your journey.

Hi MaryKate and welcome.
You can certainly learn a lot from spending time here.

Greetings MaryKate and welcome to this site. In my opinion, the internet can provide you with a lot of information but most of it is in a general sense. I'm an aspie but my traits compared to others can be varied, diverse, and unique. Others here experience traits that I don't and this helps me learn more about Asperger's Syndrome. Also, everyone here is tremendously friendly.

Thank you so much to everyone for the warm welcome! I actually wasn't sure if anyone would respond so thank you for that and I look forward to hearing from you in regards to a couple of questions I would like to ask, because I am really stumped!
I just have to finish mentally composing the first one.
I feel like in order to get good feedback I'll need to describe the relationship and lay the groundwork about him first, but how to do that without it turning into a book is what I'm trying to figure out right now...

I have finally gotten a draft ready to post.
Do i put it here or do I need to start a new topic, and if so, how exactly do i do that?? Thanks!

Hello Marykate, welcome to the forums :) My name's Jessie, it's nice to meet you. You can post your draft in this thread if you would like to, but I would say maybe start a new topic. Maybe the "Love, Relationships and Dating" section would be an appropriate place to put your post, if you were to start a new topic?? To get to that section, you click the "Forums" bar at the top of the page, which will take you to the main menu. Then, you scroll down and find "Specific Autism Spectrum Discussions", then "Love, Relationships and Dating". And there you are!

To start a new thread, you scroll down to the bottom of the page and there's a blue button which says "Post New Thread". You click on that and type in your post and give it a title. When you're done, you just click "Create Thread", then it's done!

New Threads

Top Bottom