• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello, beautiful people!

Liza Jane

Hi :)

I've been researching Autistic Spectrum Disorders for almost a year now (since Temple Grandin spoke at my university). I have been diagnosed with ADD. I have some autistic/Aspie traits, many of which I've managed to cover up. My favorite topics are music, psychology, spirituality and linguistics. So far, I have two friends who I know are on the spectrum. They're pretty cool.

I will enjoy reading your posts!

Hi Liza, welcome to Aspies Central.

Hope you find AC nice and supportive.

Got Temple Grandin's signature? :p

We got lots of music stuff here, so, hmm, enjoy :D

Ahhh welcome to AC! Jump in when you are ready and hang out. We're a pretty great bunch. The water is nice and warm Welcome welcome welcome!

Thank you both!

No, I didn't bother to get her autograph, lol.

This seems like a really accepting place. I just read a few threads on obsessions. The discussions go so in-depth :D

I found out that people here have a lot of different obsessions, but as far as I noticed (I might be wrong) the most common are related to music and languages...

Indeed, Balder. The 2 most popular interests in this group is geek stuff (expected) and music. Languages is a third, given our diverse backgrounds :D

Hi Liza Jane! Welcome to the forum. Neat that you got to hear Temple Grandin speak at your uni. Unis provide wonderful opportunities in that regard. I recall seeing many noteworthy people speak too. I hope you enjoy it here: people tend to be nice & very open & we come from every conceivable bkgd so please feel free to jump right in.

Welcome Liza Jane to AC, this is a very welcoming community, and has helped me tremendously.
You'll find a great group of people here and if you can think of the topic, it's probably already on the forums, and if not, post it. :)
We love a great discussion.

New Threads

Top Bottom