• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello Awesome Warriors! I'm new and newly diagnosed- Just saying HI

IxchelAspie

Ixchel Aspie
It only took me three weeks to decide to say, HI, publicly. :)
But here I am. Newly-diagnosed, 56-year-old retired law professor. As I look back and begin to understand the past 50 years, I am stunned as to how I ever made it this far! The learning curve is steep, but so worth it. I very much look forward to learning from each and every one of you. I hope to share helpful experiences, funny realizations, witty observations, and lots of support and compassion. :hibiscus:

aa3b51717515bafaa6a6019a00a8c419.png

Hi IxchelAspie welcome. This is a good site to learn and get helpful ideas and supportive responses, hope you enjoy it here. Wow that's a tough job you had, and I hope you are enjoying your freedom! I guess it can be a mixed feelings though, I know I rely on work a lot to structure my time. So you are on a new adventure to freedom! Enjoy!

:shortcake::pizza::grapes::cookie::fishcake::dango::strawberry::cherries::redapple::pear::greenapple::melon::dango::candybar::cookie::grapes::pizza::shortcake:

Welcome you're in a good place here with intelligent, caring, accepting, supportive and friendly folks! We have some very funny people here so witty and funny will fit in just fine.:D

Hi IxchelAspie, and greetings to a fellow professor! I'm fairly newly diagnosed too, and also in my 50s. There don't seem to be many openly autistic academics about, so I'm very pleased to meet you. I'm new here too and have found it to be a very friendly place.

Hi IxchelAspie, and greetings to a fellow professor! I'm fairly newly diagnosed too, and also in my 50s. There don't seem to be many openly autistic academics about, so I'm very pleased to meet you. I'm new here too and have found it to be a very friendly place.
Thank you! You are so kind. I suspect there are more academics with ASD than we otherwise believe. Look forward to chatting. :):hibiscus:

New Threads

Top Bottom