• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello and have missed many of ya'll

Pats

V.I.P Member
I'm not on here anywhere near as much as I used to be. Same with Facebook. I was letting myself get too frustrated over too many things, feeling overwhelmed and so on. I'm sure I'm not the only one here with that problem. I took a break from it all and now I come on here sometimes, but not often. I think there are times we just need to distance ourselves from the world in general. I spend more computer time playing hidden search games and working jigsaw puzzles and have a dog bed under my desk. And here's what I often see. :) Anyhow, sorry if it seemed like I just disappeared for a bit.
my dogs.jpg

Think the more time we spend reading online, news and social media the less time we do things that we enjoy doing.

I've been walking and doing other things I like, rather than reading so much online. Find I'm much calmer and happier.

⤜(ʘ_ʘ)⤏I noticed

Think the more time we spend reading online, news and social media the less time we do things that we like doing.

I've been walking and doing other things I like, rather than reading so much online. Find I'm much calmer and happier.
You know, when I worked I didn't have time for tv and much internet and all. I once asked someone why most first shift staff seemed to have attitudes and their answer to me was that they watch the news. I guess I was much happier when I didn't, but now it's hard to avoid. One other thing that has helped - For just browsing and playing I use microsoft edge and when I'd pull it up it was all news headlines. Recently they changed that, and it now is different nature photos and if you want to see headlines, you scroll down. I was so happy when they did that.

I did notice you were around as much,i check in here more if i"ve had a difficult day or am experiencing increased anxiety, since i've joined which i think was February at times i become obsessed with the forum and responses to my comments,on the days i feelmore balanced and accepting of myself and find myself not 'checking in' as often, this forum helps me to feel i'm not alone.

Yes I noticed and times being what they are, I do wonder and have some worries when someone seems to be missing. But often they pop in or return.

Good to hear from you! That's such a cute picture of your dogs. Just tipped my sleepy cat into her basket, off my lap.

Hey Pats, l really relate to some of your stories , (ex from !##zX). So l like your outlook on teenagers and adult children. So yes, l wondered where u were.

As others have said, got to take care of yourself first. But we'll be here to lend an ear or shoulder or whatever you need when you need :)

Hi, Pats.
I've noticed and some others that used to be here frequently.
It's always good to hear from those I saw here often and now seem to have disappeared.

I've been here so long it is just a daily routine to check in at night.
Good to here from you!

New Threads

Top Bottom