• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Headphones

I was a bit amused to see 49ers Quarterback Colin Kaepernick fined $10,000 for his endorsement of Beats headphones. Apparently the team/league has a deal with the practical use of Bose headphones. Neither Kaepernick or his legal counsel was aware of it...

It continues to interest me in who is actually using Bose products, as opposed to those who merely endorse them for profit.
I did bought Bose headphones 6 years ago. They where OK but not planing getting them again. I'm happy with Sennheiser

I did bought Bose headphones 6 years ago. They where OK but not planing getting them again. I'm happy with Sennheiser

I've tried various Sennheiser models quite recently. When it came to noise cancellation they weren't anywhere as effective as the Bose quiet-comfort headphones were.

But they remain very expensive...usually retailing over $250 to $300.

I'm acttually amazed ... No one mentioned STAX headphone , No AKG , only one mention of GRADO , and no mention of Shure in hear .... But ppl play 300$ for having B over them ear .... Strange
Bose headphones are great for air travel, but I'll stick to my Mcintosh 601's and Revel's for home blasting.

Bose headphones are great for air travel, but I'll stick to my Mcintosh 601's and Revel's for home blasting.

Yeah, when you go outside the parameters of noise-cancelling I think the field is pretty broad and subjective about purely great sound. The kind of thing that keeps so many brands out there.

To what I've readed , yes nothing is better than Boose (oupps misspell) for sonds cancelling ... When it come to listening to music , I like ear evry details recorded , And something not a lot talk aboth ... Sound Image .... yes you actually only need to good speaker for aving music suronding you

To what I've readed , yes nothing is better than Boose (oupps misspell) for sonds cancelling ... When it come to listening to music , I like ear evry details recorded , And something not a lot talk aboth ... Sound Image .... yes you actually only need to good speaker for aving music suronding you
It is very hard to go by reading. The only way to know is listing to them in person. What one person likes another person might dislike. There so many headphones cater to different people. I find it silly though some people buy headphones only based on the appearance rather than the sound which is what they are meant for.

I realy like the idea of a sond cancelation headphone ... but it should be a quality improvent insted of loweing the Price quality ratio

I'm acttually amazed ... No one mentioned STAX headphone , No AKG , only one mention of GRADO , and no mention of Shure in hear .... But ppl play 300$ for having B over them ear .... Strange
May I throw in a bit of love for HiFiMAN? My friend let me listen to a pair of HE-400's that he got off the Internet for $150(!) (I guess there's a new model coming out)...not only are they incredibly accurate, with impeccable soundstaging, but they are very efficient, a rarity among "audiophile" headphones... I found they sounded pretty awesome right out of my Macbook...no amplification required! And damned comfortable to boot.

I think there's a new model coming out, which is why he was able to find them so cheaply. I checked on Amazon when he let me try them (a couple months back) and there were only a few left in stock.

I don't use headphones. I use leads that connect my hearing aids directly to my computer, phone or MP3 player.

They look similar to this:

dpv_minidisc.gif

(I got the image from this website Personal stereo direct input leads | Deaf Equipment )

Last edited:
awesome, a headphones thread :)
i love headphones :)

i have a much cheaper solution for noise cancelling than bose,
just posted it in another thread

3M have industrial noise attenuation headphones,
the best ones are massive and look ridiculous,
but they also have a much thinner pair
you can remove the inner foam and and another layer of padding inside (i used small sized roundish foam shoulder pads) and then put in the original foam again
you put your in ears (or ear plugs) in and pop the earmuffs over

cost EUR 25 for the muffs and EUR 2.5 for the extra padding

with the in ear cables running out of them they look like an eccentric pair of over ear headphones if you were it outside

for home they're great to cheaply keep out the city noise

downside - they can get a bit warm after wearing them for a while

by the way, i usually use iems:
best iem's that i've found for the moment are the sony N3AP's (standard cable)
put on the earmuffs i mentioned above, and its like being in a world of your own

favourite on ears open backed: Grado SR225e
favourite on ears closed: beyerdynamic t51p

favourite over ears open: audio quest nighthawk
favourite over ears closed: B&W P7 (wired)

Thank you!
People don't get my headphone obsession :)

I would. ;)

I suspect there are others who will as well. :)

I'd love to have a pair of the best noise-cancelling headphones. But the cost! :eek:

Last edited:
I use Bose SoundTrue In-Ear Headphones for walking and to generally block out most noises when I have my music on. I just can't wear those headphones that go over your head, it itches my scalp badly and having a small head doesn't help either.

New Threads

Top Bottom