• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hawaiian bird photos

Luca

V.I.P Member
I was discussing chickens and game birds with someone earlier, and I brought up that I had photographed some interesting birds in Hawaii a while back.
I'm definitely an *amateur* wildlife photographer but I think I have gotten some good shots over the years.

I don't know if anyone else has ever had to deal with jungle fowl but they are miserable lol. Although I did get some good pictures.
The invasive cats like them too lol

Hawaii 2013 (54).jpg

Hawaii 2013 (56).jpg

Hawaii 2013 (68).jpg

Hawaii 2013 (71).jpg

Hawaii 2013 (74).jpg

Hawaii 2013 (75).jpg

Hawaii 2013 (104).jpg

Hawaii 2013 (87).jpg

And of course, Nene geese.
These guys were friendly and passive and let me get pretty close but I obviously did not, and would not, pet them.

And sorry about the editing, this was when I was first figuring out how to use Lightroom :/

2013 (47).jpg

2013 (48).jpg

2013 (49).jpg

2013 (50).jpg

2013 (52).jpg

2013 (54).jpg

2013 (56).jpg

2013 (57).jpg

2013 (60).jpg

2013 (61).jpg

Some other miscellaneous Hawaiian birds, some wild and some domestic.

Ducks (if anyone knows the species let me know)
DSC_0020.jpg

Cattle Egret
DSC_0028.jpg

This one was just hanging out in the backyard!
DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

Muscovy Duck
DSC_0139.jpg

Inca Dove
DSC_0140.jpg

Lesser Flamingo
DSC_0143.jpg

Black Swan
DSC_0144.jpg

Mute Swan
DSC_0149.jpg

And of course, Nene geese.
These guys were friendly and passive and let me get pretty close but I obviously did not, and would not, pet them.

And sorry about the editing, this was when I was first figuring out how to use Lightroom :/

View attachment 81087

View attachment 81088

View attachment 81089

View attachment 81090

View attachment 81091

View attachment 81092

View attachment 81093

View attachment 81094

View attachment 81095

View attachment 81096

I liked hanging out with Canadian Geese on my lunch hour at one base. I used to feed them and they would all bring their young over to me to eat while the adults formed a protective ring around them.

Some other miscellaneous Hawaiian birds, some wild and some domestic.

Ducks (if anyone knows the species let me know)
View attachment 81097

Cattle Egret
View attachment 81098

This one was just hanging out in the backyard!
View attachment 81099

View attachment 81100

Muscovy Duck
View attachment 81101

Inca Dove
View attachment 81102

Lesser Flamingo
View attachment 81103

Black Swan
View attachment 81104

Mute Swan
View attachment 81105

Those ducks are confusing. At first glance you see a brown duck and one with a green head. That means female and male mallard. Not many ducks with green heads. But it's missing the white ring around the neck and something doesn't look right. I'm wondering if they could be juvenile mallards? Juvenile mallards looks more messy than adults and the male juveniles doesn't have the white ring on the neck. But I don't know.

does the cat killed the bird or does it just look like that? o_O because if yes, I would ask why you not intervened then.

The cat did not! Not in front of me anyway. And I wouldn’t have photographed that!
He was actually just very curious.

I love birds and those pics are so bright and clear. Beautiful.

The ducks in question look like Cayuga Ducks to me.
They can be purple, green or blue.
Purple with the blue head and the mottled coloured mate looks to be Cayuga.
Interesting how they were in Hawaii. They are a domestic duck originally from upstate NY.

We have a lot of those Cattle Egrets in Florida.
The one in your photo is a male. You can see the tannish spot on top of head and some on the body.
That means male.

There's some great photos there @Luca

As for someone being worried about the cat attacking the chooks, to me it looks much more likely that the cat was about to lose an eye.

And a question about the flamingo - The eye makes it look like it's been demonically possessed, is that just a trick of the light or from editing?

I think it's a trick of the light, I honestly didn't notice it until I was editing it and then I was like "What the hell?!"
But if anyone knows if their eyes actually come in that color, please tell me! Lol

And yeah, that cat would've gotten his ass kicked if he kept messing with the chickens.

Some birds just naturally look like they're thinking evil thoughts. :)

Attachments

• RedCollaredLorikeet3.jpg
    RedCollaredLorikeet3.jpg
    395.8 KB · Views: 33

New Threads

Top Bottom